Pec muscle activation

Hootenanny

Hi,

Struggling to make the mind muscle connection with my right pec when doing flat and incline press.

I focus on trying to squeeze the centre of my chest and bringing my elbows together on the movement.

Any tips or advice?

Damer

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Warrior Monk from Terra
Pronouns: He/Him
@Hootenanny it's impossible for the body to go through a movement that activates muscles without a mind/muscle connection so, it is there. You don't currently feel it or control it because the connection may not be strong enough or the signal strong enough or your muscles strong enough. I noticed you specified the right pec so I assume this is not an issue with the left. None of us is symmetrical. The body has two identical neural networks running from the brain to the spine and from the spine radiating throughout the body. One is left and the other one is right. Although they are identical they're not symmetrical. The one that's the strongest in terms of strong connections and clear signals becomes the dominant one so we become either left or right-handed as a result.

Keep exercising as you are and as you get stronger you will become more aware of the movement and be able to control it (and your pec) better. I hope this helps.