Pelvic Floor friendly program?

Aphelion

from Belgium
Hi Everyone! I am a 49 year-old perimenopausal woman after giving birth ( well, not yesterday:)) and a large intestinal operation after tumor resection. If you are still reading my message, well than I have a question. I decided to get strong and toned again and started HIIT. I was performing all the burpees, squats, you name it with great enthousiasm, just anything and everything in the HIIT 30 days program. I started to shape up and after decades started to get some tone again. BUT. I started to have some minor symptoms as the result of pelvic organs' descending. My question is the following: is there a specific program to go on with my fitness adventure with strengthening my body muscles without causing further problems to myself? I already started pelvic muscle exercises, so my question is NOT about that. My question is: is there a specific, pelvic floor -friendly program from DAREBEE? Or are there some general guidelines, which would clarify the DO's and DON'Ts? Thank You very much for every constructive reply!

VLogan

Warrior Monk from Georgia
Hi! I've had to do pelvic therapy more than once since a motorcycle accident. Plus, I'm older (55) and had 3 pregnancies. Then add in gravity. It just wants to pull everything Down :)
As for specific programs, I don't know that there is one I would call pelvic floor friendly. Anything with impact is going to cause difficulties until your pelvic floor is sufficiently strengthened, and even then, you will need to go back to the basic every so often to maintain it. Anything with squats will also be hard bc in that position, your pelvic floor can't engage as well. I want to say that maybe one of the Foundation programs or Baseline might be a good fit. Stay away from anything with lots of jumping jacks, burpees, jump lunges, etc.
I never stopped any programs or regular exercise, and my PT encouraged me to continue. So, what I had to do my kegels and floor stabilization while doing the exercises. Takes more concentration. Sometimes I had to slow things down, modify a little. Pay particular attention any time you are doing ab work or in a plank position. Great time to really engage that pelvic floor and your core.
While running, I would do kegel sets. I didn't do it the entire time, but I would take moments to periodically check in, maybe every mile or so, and do a set.
Hope that helps. I'll try to poke around a little and see which Programs might work well.

Aphelion

from Belgium
Thank You so much for your reply! The most helpful advice comes from someone with experience, of course. I did some research as well and I started to apply some modified excercises. I think it is definitely a good idea not to stop with excercising entirely, as it is good to keep up the morale... The only thing is that I really wanted to build a strong body with nice, shredded muscles... but yes, who does not...:) With Baseline and Foundation programs I will probably not be able to do that...Although, it definitely worths a try. Thank You again, I wish You all the best!