Rest between Set vs. between Exercises

bellopes

Hello!
For reference, i'm doing the IronBorn program, but i think my question permeates a few other programs available here as well.

My set in the gym is usually composed of 1 repetition of each of the exercises. Then i rest for a bit and repeat the set.

But here i've been a bit confused. They say i'm supposed to rest 30s between sets and 2 minutes between exercises, but for me to rest 2 minutes between exercises means i'm going to rest A LOT during the sets 😂

The correct way of doing this program is to do 4 sets of 1 exercise, and then do 4 sets of the other, and so on?

Thank you!

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2023-04-13 às 07.56.27.png
    Captura de Tela 2023-04-13 às 07.56.27.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 6

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
The correct way of doing this program is to do 4 sets of 1 exercise, and then do 4 sets of the other, and so on?
Yes, do the same exercise in 4 sets for the marked reps, with a 30 second break between sets, then pause at the end for 2 minutes and move on to the next exercise.
The 2 min break between one exercise and another is long but allows you to fully recover between one exercise and another, it is essential to choose the right load for each exercise, in this way time is not "wasted" but really needed to be able to do the exercises for the indicated repetitions :)

likalo

Honeybee from Montreal
Hello!
For reference, i'm doing the IronBorn program, but i think my question permeates a few other programs available here as well.

My set in the gym is usually composed of 1 repetition of each of the exercises. Then i rest for a bit and repeat the set.

But here i've been a bit confused. They say i'm supposed to rest 30s between sets and 2 minutes between exercises, but for me to rest 2 minutes between exercises means i'm going to rest A LOT during the sets 😂

The correct way of doing this program is to do 4 sets of 1 exercise, 7and then do 4 sets of the other, and so on?

Thank you!
Normally that's the way intended. But nothing forces you to not do "super set" instead before taking a break if you prefer this way. I remember doing this for the entire PPL program. You could also take 30secs or 1 min breaks instead of the 2 !

Have fun first and experiment !