Sore Achilles/ankle — any suggestions for care?

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"
Hi I've been regularly laying waste to high knees workouts and I think it's the source of some soreness in my Achilles tendons/ankles. I mostly experience it when I wake up in the morning, leading me to think that this is mainly a healthy soreness. As I engage in my morning workouts I don't experience any pain and the soreness quickly subsides as I begin high knees combat.

If this activity is indeed the source of the soreness, any suggestions on how I might proactively care for that joint pre and post workout?

AquaMarie

Paladin from Texas, USA
Pronouns: she/her
"If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water."
I'm currently doing physical therapy for "tendon stuff" in my ankle (yes, that's a direct quote from my doctor, lol). I'm doing calf stretches and gentle massage pre-exercise, then damp heat for pain and a lot of exercises that are in the Sore Feet workout (when I can).

Naturally, if you feel like your pain is getting worse get it checked out by a doctor, but that is what's working for me. Hope this helps!