Starting in again....things have changed

Abomatic

I was active here back in 2019-2020. I was in my mid 40's. I printed out dozens of workouts and did them all, kept a journal, the whole nine yards. Long story short, using Darebee and a better diet I went from 245 lbs. to 180 pounds in about 9 months. I lost almost 70 pounds! I went from walking a mile to jogging a 5k three times a week. I felt and looked amazing. All my back and knee problems went away. My labs came back perfect. I was in the best shape of my life.

Fast forward 5 years....I got married, divorced, remarried and in that time I tried to keep the weight off but it was extremely stressful. I'm back up to 235 pounds. I'm 50 years old now and I've had 4 steroid shots in my back to manage my back pain (my spine is narrowing and pinching on my nerves, pretty typical stuff for middle age). Plus I'm on a statin now to manage some calcium buildup in my arteries (stress test in a few weeks will give me a more clear picture of what I'm facing) I MUST lose the weight again to help this, but the problem is I don't want to hurt my back or my knees or my heart since I have a lot extra pressure due to the weight gain.

I'm looking for a workout that's low impact but still gets my heart rate going. I did one the other day that included some high knees, and my knees suffered a lot. Going up and down stairs was torture for a couple days after.

Can anyone direct me to a workout that might fit these parameters? Thanks much. Looking forward to participating here more.

Solution
Why not a 30 day program?
It's already a well structured and progressive workout, you don't even have to train every day, you just won't finish it in 30 days as planned but you start moving a little and then you can easily do something more challenging when you feel better.
It's just an idea :)

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Why not a 30 day program?
It's already a well structured and progressive workout, you don't even have to train every day, you just won't finish it in 30 days as planned but you start moving a little and then you can easily do something more challenging when you feel better.
It's just an idea :)

Solution
Back