The struggle is real

Fae Pronouns: She/her
"Trying to form a habit"
I'm currently overweight and have tried too many times to start working out and have given up because of the lack of motivation. I constantly struggle with looking at my body but I won't even do anything about it. Joined Darebee because I feel like I should at least start something.

People I love have made me feel like crap because of the weight I've gained, my clothes keep getting tight, tailors are shocked when taking my measurements, the list goes on. I truly dread going out or being photographed because how horribly I see myself. :sadness:
Anyway. Thanks for listening guys.

MadamMeow

Fae from Central NJ
"I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time, but Im too young to worry..."
Hello and welcome! :hi:

I was the same way a couple years ago. I promise you that if you commit to trying and really keep at it, you can change it.

It will be hard at first, but over time it does get easier. You have to find what works for you, but I started with Exercise of the day, then added the workout of the day to that. There is also a lot of great information for beginners as well as programs.

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Hello, and welcome. Picking one of the easier 30 days program and committing to it could be a good way : we know you can do it and take the habit. One day at a time, one habit at a time! Exercise of the day is good too, and can help you learn the different moves. And start a checking in thread so that other bees can cheer you on ; it does help :) Hugs!

Henryk

Henry Rollin's was told by his school PT teacher to not look in the mirror for 3 months. He was told people lose motivation looking in the mirror or weigh too often.

I did gain some weight then lost it by watching my saturated fats and not going over 13g and food cholesterol no more than 200mg, lost 15 lbs just by doing that. I walk a lot, pretty much everywhere and exercise every single day.

Shaarawi

Hunter from Alexandria, Egypt
@might.seem.mad
The sign of success is when you start to complaining. Conitune post here until you feel good and workouts becoming daily habit.

Think of it as a project,
1) create a plan
2) start very small
3) do it daily
4) never think, look at your plan and do it
5) keep post your progression
6) get advices from others (who will give only positive feedback)
7) trust of God

In Darebee, start with programs that you can do it, even it is very easy for you, challenge yourself

Hope this help!

"Trying to form a habit"
Hello and welcome! :hi:

I was the same way a couple years ago. I promise you that if you commit to trying and really keep at it, you can change it.

It will be hard at first, but over time it does get easier. You have to find what works for you, but I started with Exercise of the day, then added the workout of the day to that. There is also a lot of great information for beginners as well as programs.
Thank you for the kind words. I did day 1 of the total body workout today, was able to do a few sets less than the recommended but I did it. I'll keep at it

"Trying to form a habit"
Hello, and welcome. Picking one of the easier 30 days program and committing to it could be a good way : we know you can do it and take the habit. One day at a time, one habit at a time! Exercise of the day is good too, and can help you learn the different moves. And start a checking in thread so that other bees can cheer you on ; it does help :) Hugs!
Thank youuu ❤️ I'm going to try my hardest.

"Trying to form a habit"
T
@might.seem.mad
The sign of success is when you start to complaining. Conitune post here until you feel good and workouts becoming daily habit.

Think of it as a project,
1) create a plan
2) start very small
3) do it daily
4) never think, look at your plan and do it
5) keep post your progression
6) get advices from others (who will give only positive feedback)
7) trust of God

In Darebee, start with programs that you can do it, even it is very easy for you, challenge yourself

Hope this help!
Thank you. This is great advice! 👏🏾

"Trying to form a habit"
Henry Rollin's was told by his school PT teacher to not look in the mirror for 3 months. He was told people lose motivation looking in the mirror or weigh too often.

I did gain some weight then lost it by watching my saturated fats and not going over 13g and food cholesterol no more than 200mg, lost 15 lbs just by doing that. I walk a lot, pretty much everywhere and exercise every single day.
Great great advice ❤️❤️ Thank you for the motivation

Henryk

Saturated fats shouldn't go over 22g and keep food cholesterol 300mg, me going 13g sat fat was to lower my cholesterol. You find the foods that are high in these are food that shouldn't be part of your diet but occasional. You still want good fats and carbs, diet should be a permanent change. just needs cleaning up.

What I've read is tracking your food to know your maintenance weight then lower your calories a little about 250 and don't keep lowering coz what you reduce to will be permanent. My daily target is 1879 kcal and max is 2067 kcal, protein is 117.4g, carbs 211.4, fat 62.6g and that maintains 140lb bodyweight.

Last edited by a moderator:

graoumia

None from France
"Doing Fighter codex / Epic Five"
@might.seem.mad on top of all these very good advices , i would advice you a book,
Nice Girls Finish Fat: Put Yourself First and Change Your Eating Forever,
by Karen R. Koenig

It would help you to realize that you wouldn't do this kind of things to people you love, and that if these persons are treating you this way it is not you the pb but them. How can someone say this kind of things?

So take care, get rounded by people who are gentle with you, maybe you can create a checkin thread here?

Lucky7Pin

Barbarian from Bentonville, AR
Pronouns: He/Him/His
"Trying to be the best me I can!"
I'm currently overweight and have tried too many times to start working out and have given up because of the lack of motivation. I constantly struggle with looking at my body but I won't even do anything about it. Joined Darebee because I feel like I should at least start something.

People I love have made me feel like crap because of the weight I've gained, my clothes keep getting tight, tailors are shocked when taking my measurements, the list goes on. I truly dread going out or being photographed because how horribly I see myself. :sadness:
Anyway. Thanks for listening guys.
Hello!
I am new here as well and just now finding this group and more specifically your post.
I really hope you have stuck with this now and are making some progress!
If not, please don't fret. The advise to start small is SOOO crucial.
I started with the 50 pushups in 30 days which I have tried many times before, but never completed.
I realized now at 43 yrs old, 6'1 and 315lbs that I have to start making a change and stick with it.
I am now 2 weeks in and about to do 20 pushups for the first time in my entire life.
The key point I want you to take away is don't be afraid to scale these exercises so they fit you.
Changing them to work for you does not make you weak. Especially on the daily ones.
If you are like me and were not active much in your life, you will be very sore at some point and it will get much harder to complete.
Take a day or 2 in between for rest if you need. I did this and it made me so much stronger and I felt more confident for it.
You can stretch on the rest days if it makes you feel better just so you can stay moving.
I hope you are doing well and I am looking forward to hearing about your success!

"Trying to form a habit"
Hello!
I am new here as well and just now finding this group and more specifically your post.
I really hope you have stuck with this now and are making some progress!
If not, please don't fret. The advise to start small is SOOO crucial.
I started with the 50 pushups in 30 days which I have tried many times before, but never completed.
I realized now at 43 yrs old, 6'1 and 315lbs that I have to start making a change and stick with it.
I am now 2 weeks in and about to do 20 pushups for the first time in my entire life.
The key point I want you to take away is don't be afraid to scale these exercises so they fit you.
Changing them to work for you does not make you weak. Especially on the daily ones.
If you are like me and were not active much in your life, you will be very sore at some point and it will get much harder to complete.
Take a day or 2 in between for rest if you need. I did this and it made me so much stronger and I felt more confident for it.
You can stretch on the rest days if it makes you feel better just so you can stay moving.
I hope you are doing well and I am looking forward to hearing about your success!
Thank you fellow traveler! I'm so glad to hear this from you because I did take two days off in between and I was ridden with guilt about it. ❤️

"Trying to form a habit"
@might.seem.mad on top of all these very good advices , i would advice you a book,
Nice Girls Finish Fat: Put Yourself First and Change Your Eating Forever,
by Karen R. Koenig

It would help you to realize that you wouldn't do this kind of things to people you love, and that if these persons are treating you this way it is not you the pb but them. How can someone say this kind of things?

So take care, get rounded by people who are gentle with you, maybe you can create a checkin thread here?
Oh my! Thank you so much ❣️ I don't think they're the problem, I know that they say it out of concern but sometimes the way they say it is unnecessarily targeted. I know they love me but you know how love can be sometimes.

Many people have spoken about a check-in thread. What is that and how to do it?

"Trying to form a habit"
Saturated fats shouldn't go over 22g and keep food cholesterol 300mg, me going 13g sat fat was to lower my cholesterol. You find the foods that are high in these are food that shouldn't be part of your diet but occasional. You still want good fats and carbs, diet should be a permanent change. just needs cleaning up.

What I've read is tracking your food to know your maintenance weight then lower your calories a little about 250 and don't keep lowering coz what you reduce to will be permanent. My daily target is 1879 kcal and max is 2067 kcal, protein is 117.4g, carbs 211.4, fat 62.6g and that maintains 140lb bodyweight.
I think this is probably something I can think about a few months in. I don't really know where to start with this, I tried working with a nutritionist but it just wasn't something I enjoyed. I'm going to try to be more consistent with my movement first while I just eat homemade food and start changing my diet more gradually. Thank you though!

graoumia

None from France
Oh my! Thank you so much ❣️ I don't think they're the problem, I know that they say it out of concern but sometimes the way they say it is unnecessarily targeted. I know they love me but you know how love can be sometimes.

Many people have spoken about a check-in thread. What is that and how to do it?
Welcome ! The checkin threads are there : https://www.community.darebee.com/forums/checking-in-training-logs.5/

and i know you can link them to your profile, but maybe someone else here can help you about it, i cannot remember how to do this, sorry.

Even if your loved ones are not doing you fell like crap intentionnally, it is not good and you should help them to understand it hurts you. Take care

EnbyFitness

Boxer Pronouns: they/them
"doing grad school and getting buff"
Hello!

Welcome to Darebee!!

Something I'd like to add to this forum is that I hope you are able to start exercise from a place of love and care for your body. It sounds like a lot of people have made you feel horrible about your weight, and, well, that just sucks. I know it's easier said than done, but try to exercise as a way to nourish yourself, not to "punish" yourself in any way. Try to do exercises that you enjoy, and then fitness will become not just a habit, but a reward: something you get to do, not something you have to do. I hope, as has been stated above, that your loved ones realize they're hurting more than helping.

If I had to recommend a program to you, it'd be 60 Days of Walking--it's a great way to zone out, listen to some music, and do a couple exercises here and there to slowly get you into fitness. With it, maybe a self-improvement challenge like Counting Victories or a Daily Hug, just to help you continue to build habits that are an enjoyable part of your routine.

Rooting for you! You got this!! :unstoppable:

dopaw

Gladiator from Louisiana
I have also struggled with my weight for most of my life. When I get stressed, I like to overeat at times. I still try to exercise but sometimes I feel lazy.:sad::panic:

Last edited:

graoumia

None from France
I have also struggled with my weight for most of my life. When I get stressed, I like to overeat at times. I still try to exercise but sometimes I feel lazy.:sad::panic:
@dopaw I know this pb, I think you need to understand the role the food plays, satiety, hunger, and accept the food also can be used to calm stress, even if it is better to find another way , relaxation, sport, walk selfcare, anything that could do the same as food. And maybe you can find help to work on what is stressing you so much. And if you stop feeling so bad for overeating, it could help it not getting worse (sorry it is not easy for me to explain in english). And for being lazy i think it is rather that you should find something that you enjoy doing, you are not lazy

melm

Honeybee from Texas, USA
Sending hugs! I used to see a woman in her 40s in my neighborhood, wearing a house dress, walking to the end of her driveway and back. She looked to be struggling with the effort, but there she was, every day. After a while, she walked to the end of the street and back and eventually around the block at a faster pace. Every Day. I wish I’d stopped to meet her and tell her she was an inspiration. Start and do something everyday. It gets better!