Software Engineer in help of General Fitness

parth494

Hi Community,
A little background about me: I have been a software engineer for last 10 years(currently 30) and over time have seen my physical fitness degraded. Mostly because of my posture and the work(on computer for 9+hours).
Upper body feels very stiff while making movements(neck and shoulder). Have to constantly turn my neck sideways to feel better.
Lower back has a lot of pain while sitting on chair, feel better when I sleep for a while.
Legs(and toes) feel numbness as well.

Went across the doc to see if any major issues but mostly looks D3 deficiency as well as B12.

I want to start feeling better about my body and dont want to procrastinate anymore. Any workout programs I should get started with to feel better overall?

EnbyFitness

Boxer Pronouns: they/them
"doing grad school and getting buff"
I always recommend the 60 Days of Walking program for beginners. It’ll help you move a little more and get used to exercise gradually.

Also, expensive suggestion, but have you considered a standing desk?

Best of luck to you!!

parth494

Thanks @EnbyFitness for the program suggestion. I'll check that out. Do you recommend any other active/passive stretches that I should also consider(for early morning)

Also, I do think I should invest in a standing desk, will try and find one in budget. (or open to suggestions if you have any for ~$500)

Andi64

from Margareten
Welcome to the Hive @parth494
In addition to the programs there are some collections especially designed for office- or generally seated situations:
Maybe you can incorporate some of them into your daily schedule.
All the best