AMA October 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
1695053334651.png

Hey Bees, in October I will have some downtime, enough to take the hotseat of an AMA. The question now is, are there some particular subjects or topics you would like to see covered? In the past, each time we focused on a specific area rather than opening it up generically, we were able to truly raise the AMA's value because of your comments, follow-up questions and suggestions. So I am wondering if there is something specific which could benefit from the approach.

As usual, please leave your comments below and the suggestion with the most number of likes will get picked. :thanks:

guibo94

Gladiator from New Asgard
"Silent but deadly."
I don't know how popular this topic is for everyone else, but I have recently noticed my attention shifting towards isometrics. Not just holding a plank or wall sit for 5 minutes, there are so many more applications and benefits to isometric training I don't even know where to start. YouTube is great at peaking curiosity, but not so much on enhancing practical understanding, at least for me it isn't.

Hops_Lifts

Ranger from Tampa, FL
Pronouns: he/him
View attachment 2491

Hey Bees, in October I will have some downtime, enough to take the hotseat of an AMA. The question now is, are there some particular subjects or topics you would like to see covered? In the past, each time we focused on a specific area rather than opening it up generically, we were able to truly raise the AMA's value because of your comments, follow-up questions and suggestions. So I am wondering if there is something specific which could benefit from the approach.

As usual, please leave your comments below and the suggestion with the most number of likes will get picked. :thanks:
New to this but would to learn more about best practices for resistance training mixed with calisthenics.

There’s also a lot of debate out there about weights vs resistance bands.

Is that on the right track? 😅

facuzayas

Gladiator from Buenos Aires, Argentina
"“Go straight to the seat of intelligence–your own, the world's, your neighbors.”"
Oh!! such a good new!

The isometrics question is really interesting. I've always wanted to know the "best practices" of isometric trainning, and how to add more resistance, or different combinatios to add variety.

And another question is: what's about animal flow? is really effective? how can we train it?

Thanks so much Damer!

Damer

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Warrior Monk from Terra
Pronouns: He/Him
Bees, awesome suggestions as always! The isometrics training one in particular. It was a big fad in the 70s, especially when Bullworker ads took off. It's remained essentially unchanged since. The fad is making a comeback which, given the fashion trends of the moment, seems to be harking back to that decade. We now have way more science to understand the pros and cons so I shall tackle that and also throw in some callisthenics as the difference between the two suggestions is minimal and as it happens there is some overlap.

I shall start the thread on October 5th and run it for three weeks until October 26th to give everyone time to absorb the answers and come back with follow-up questions. I shall reiterate the 'rules' (they're not complicated :LOL:) when I announce the AMA opening. Get your thinking caps on, we're basically talking strength so any strength-related question is fair game. Thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.