Blending Workouts

UimJanit

So, new here. I want to try your 60-day walking program but would like to include some core and upper body training. Can I just add one of those programs to the 60-day schedule, or is there a more sophisticated way to incorporate added exercises? Great information here although it's a little overwhelming about how to select, and progress thru, one program after another.

Sending you a little something also. Hope it helps. Thanks.

bloody dunmeri

Spartan from Samara, Russia
Pronouns: she/her
"Pick your guts from the floor (c) Goliath by Architects"
hey, welcome to the Hive!

I would just add a core and/or an upper body programs on top of the 60 days of walking =) Just probably a good idea to do walking in the morning and the core/UB training in the evening, so you're not too overwhelmed with training =)

Another idea for you: switch your core and UB training programs each day. For example, do day 1 of Core strength on day 1 of 60 days of walking, do day 1 of Arms of Steel on day 2 of 60 days of walking, day 2 of Core strength on day 3 of 60 days of walking, day 2 of Arms of Steel on day 4 of 60 days of walking, etc. You got the idea =)

UimJanit

OK, started on the walking program. Going pretty well considering I’ve been inactive for about two years due to a variety of things. Thinking about replacing some walking with cycling. Maybe will do some dumbbell strength routines in the afternoon. Starting out slow. Very helpful site. The programs seem pretty easy to accomplish so I hope they work. Fingers crossed.