Burpee Substitution?

MistbornHero

Fae Pronouns: she/her
Any time I open a workout and see a burpee exercise my entire will to do a workout that day evaporates.

I do sometimes attempt them and do my best but I just feel like they suck and it's honestly the only exercise that makes me just want to quit completely.

I like doing a lot of the programs, but I've been running into a lot of burpees in some of them? So far I've either picked another program because I saw them in the preview or swapped the day for something else that looks similar in effort, which is probably not good, so I'm asking for a better option? Something that makes me take less psychic damage, I mean. I know it's kind of silly.

Shikari

Mystic from R'lyeh
"The wind breathes where it wills and you hear its sound, but you don’t know where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit"
Burpees are easy to dislike, but that's partly because it's a full body exercise -- like barbell press and cleans. The upside is you do get a lot of exercise in a short amount of time.

Here's a workout that breaks down the burpee into components:

You could scale it up by doing dynamic squats instead of regular ones and do jump ins instead of climbers.

You could scale it down by doing twice the sets with 1/2 the reps, but use a short rest period.

Rocinante

Scout from NJ USA
When I started I did one of a few different alternatives. I usually did the first set or two doing a basic burpee, but (many) less reps. 3-4 was typical.
Later sets I would do either plank jump ins or jump squats instead, but try to hit the numbers. I found the plank jump ins were what gave me the most trouble, so I concentrated on them, and when I was more comfortable added a push up to them.
This (Plank jump in with pushup) and just doing 3-4 basic burpees helped a lot.
I eventually got to where I could hit the numbers for basic burpees at least in the early sets, and later the same with regular, but it took time. And I still fall back to basic burpees if I'm not feeling it.