Coffee And Exercise

Damer

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Warrior Monk from Terra
Pronouns: He/Him
Coffee is the world's most popular legal psychoactive drug and so far there are only positive effects to be had from its consumption. The latest studies show that it helps us increase endurance and workout intensity so definitely something to keep in mind.

Let me know how you guys are finding this. I am still experimenting with the format.

Marzattack

"Be Strong - Be Active - Be empowered."
I usually drink 3 cups (210mg caffeine) of instant coffee before gym at 7:30 am and recently bought a preworkout which has 400mg caffeine. Taking the preworkout means only 1 coffee, caffeine doesn't increase lifting strength nor the other ingredients of the preworkout but does keep me going with little rest time, my pull-ups are the same as usual and didn't increase, what does likely increase my pull-ups and lifts is carbs.

MadamMeow

Fae from Central NJ
"I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time, but Im too young to worry..."
Very happy to hear the answer is positive! Especially since these days most things end up being bad for you.

And that I'm having my coffee at a good amount of time before my workout (40 minutes).

Looking forward to more of these. :ss:

slicedgreenolive

A cup of coffee or tea through the day and before a workout is good. Not only will you get some energy, but it will help speed up your metabolism and in turn, help your body burn more calories.

A cup of coffee for me personally does not work before the gym for 2 reasons. A cup of coffee usually has around 32mg if caffeine. That does nothing for me. So I take a pre-work out supplement which has anyhwere between 150 to 200mg caffeine which gives me the energy I need to push hard at the gym.

and 2.

I tried to get the same amount of caffeine 200mg buy mixing like 5 tbsp of instant coffee mixed with water and drink it straight black, and went to the gym. 30 min later my stomach was upset and I almost shit myself. So that did not work. I will stick to my pre workout supplement.

To each their own.