Healthy strawberry cake recipe

Habeebah

Does anyone one know of a healthy low sugar strawberry cake recipe. I love to bake but I stopped while going through my healthy journey. I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
Does anyone one know of a healthy low sugar strawberry cake recipe. I love to bake but I stopped while going through my healthy journey. I would appreciate it. Thank you.
To a certain extent you need sugar in cake recipes for chemical properties beyond just the sweet flavour. Most standard cake recipes contain far more sugar than is necessary, and you can reduce the amount to some extent without negative consequences to the cake's texture. But if you reduce it too much, you end up with a product with a very different texture to the original cake, and also generally reduced shelf-life as well.

I found a couple of articles that do a decent job of explaining the role of sugar in baked goods and provide some tips for reducing it:

How to Reduce Sugar in Cake
What Experts Know About Reducing Sugar in Baking Recipes

I hope this helps!

If you're interested in trying out healthier baking in general--without the need for the traditional high sugar content cake texture--you may want to check out the DAREBEETS recipes. There are quite a few recipes there for baked goods that use only whole fruit and/or vegetables for sweetening ingredients. (None of them will give you a traditional cake texture. But you might like them all the same.)