Help me please.

JasonGN

Duelist from UK
I'm exhausted with trying to lose weight.

Every time I get going it works out for a day or two and then boom back to bingeing, I am speaking to a professional about this but it isn't helping much.

I can eat Oats for breakfast every morning without too many issues, but it's the evening meal that ruins it for me, I go with pizza or an enormous amount of pasta and cheese or shortcrust pies and chips(huge portions), if I don't eat like this I end up having something healthy like meat and two veg and then feel the need to have like 5 bowls of cereal -_-.

Can anyone recommend me like 2 easy (4 or 5 ingredient) meals that I can eat a decent sized meal of without feeling guilty?

preferably something easy and quick, food makes me miserable and I don't enjoy cooking. I don't like fish much. I don't care if it's omnivore or vegetarian tbh.

Mischa

from an Island
Hey Dude!

Don't give up!
I don't know anything about nutrition, but:

Find an healthy snack that you enjoy, try lupins for example, or make your own popcorns with a little olive oil and a little bit of salt. Try to have this at home instead of sweets and chips. Maybe find an alternative to cereal, like granola with low sugar or something like that.

If you dont mind veggies, experiment cooking with mushrooms, they're super versatile and will taste of anything you put in them.

My favorite healthy lazy meal is bulgur (you cook it like pasta) with lemony mushrooms, garlic and broccoli. Tasty, super fast and really filling.

Hope this helps, even if a tiny bit.

<3

MM

Lilu

Mother of Dragons from Armavir, Russian
Привет! У меня тоже есть эта проблема. Хотя я питаюсь здоровой пищей, порции слишком большие, поэтому у меня часто получается профицит калорий. Но я нашел выход. Я наполняю свою тарелку большим количеством овощей. Овощи не так калорийны и наполняют желудок, утоляя голод. И, конечно же, вам нужно очистить свой дом от вредной еды, чтобы у вас не было соблазна ее съесть. Замените перекусы овощами, фруктами и орехами. Это сложно, но надо постараться. Я верю в тебя! :обнимать:
PS Покажу вам несколько вариантов полезных тарелок, выбирайте те, которые подойдут вашему рациону. Все блюда очень просты в приготовлении.

Attachments

• 1-3iiU5d92Fhg.jpg
    1-3iiU5d92Fhg.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 4
  • 1-fUE-W63sMLQ.jpg
    1-fUE-W63sMLQ.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 2-9skgJIN1LAs.jpg
    2-9skgJIN1LAs.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 2-BXGbcVI2WQA.jpg
    2-BXGbcVI2WQA.jpg
    499.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 3-bBhJ1CYXzjM.jpg
    3-bBhJ1CYXzjM.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 3-uV35Dg-ROwo.jpg
    3-uV35Dg-ROwo.jpg
    429.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 4-wAAuV_LNnRM.jpg
    4-wAAuV_LNnRM.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 4wb2fHU0kA4.jpg
    4wb2fHU0kA4.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 5-77Q7b8ARep0.jpg
    5-77Q7b8ARep0.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 5-xHFaZDafndw.jpg
    5-xHFaZDafndw.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 7-37Ypeub-LOc.jpg
    7-37Ypeub-LOc.jpg
    426.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 7-A3yz5j_UflA.jpg
    7-A3yz5j_UflA.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 7-lqxJ2-Dxb4.jpg
    7-lqxJ2-Dxb4.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

SevenDeadlyExes

Pronouns: She/They
I'm exhausted with trying to lose weight.

Every time I get going it works out for a day or two and then boom back to bingeing, I am speaking to a professional about this but it isn't helping much.

I can eat Oats for breakfast every morning without too many issues, but it's the evening meal that ruins it for me, I go with pizza or an enormous amount of pasta and cheese or shortcrust pies and chips(huge portions), if I don't eat like this I end up having something healthy like meat and two veg and then feel the need to have like 5 bowls of cereal -_-.

Can anyone recommend me like 2 easy (4 or 5 ingredient) meals that I can eat a decent sized meal of without feeling guilty?

preferably something easy and quick, food makes me miserable and I don't enjoy cooking. I don't like fish much. I don't care if it's omnivore or vegetarian tbh.
I usually have this same problem but I just completed week three this time without a bother (and I'm eating big evening meals!)

All I've done is I got that My Fitness Pal app and instead of restricting I'm making sure to hit my carbs and protein and calorie goals for the day - I've set it to the lowest level of activity but ive got my smart watch linked to it so if i gave a busy day i get a bit more (usually gotta have a couple biscuits 😂 f im doing DIY just to get extra carbs) and ive picked a workout program off of here which is good for a 200-400 calories a day (again measured by my watch) or going for walk burns about the same with way less effort

The thing to try and reduce is fats and sugars cos they have a tonne of calories but it burns up fast and you just end up hungry again - chicken has a bonkers amount of protein but don't get the breaded ones and have rice instead of chips with it (you can get loads or really nice minute rice these days) pasta is great and supper easy

And if at the end of the week you're still jonesing for your favorites - have a cheat meal (about 20% above your usual calories for the day)

That's my whole plan

TL;DR I really think in hinges on getting enough of the healthy kinda carbs and probably the exercise helps for the dopamine