Help with instructions

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
Hello,
I'm really confused by the directions on Back & Core Day 9 I looked at the Workout Manual and I'm still unsure. On the 10 plank hold side crunches is that 5 per side? If so, then am I to do 2 sets on left side (5/leg x 2 =10)? Do I move onto the right side or rest 20 seconds? Same questions on the side bridges. It doesn't make sense to me, please clarify.

Attachments

• Back & Core Day 9.jpg
    Back & Core Day 9.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 17

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
Hello,
I'm really confused by the directions on Back & Core Day 9 I looked at the Workout Manual and I'm still unsure. On the 10 plank hold side crunches is that 5 per side? If so, then am I to do 2 sets on left side (5/leg x 2 =10)? Do I move onto the right side or rest 20 seconds? Same questions on the side bridges. It doesn't make sense to me, please clarify.
My interpretation is that one set = 10 reps. So you'd do 10 crunches with the left leg, then 10 with the right, then 10 with the left, and another 10 with the right, for a total of 2 sets on each side. The instruction doesn't make as much sense to me for that exercise, as my natural inclination would be to alternate legs. It makes way more sense for the side bridges exercise. In any case, it's a total of 40 reps for each exercise, with 20 second breaks after each 10 reps if you need them.