I am so frustrated!!

Dave

from Ohio
"Brand new"
I try to begin working out daily and I fail time after time. My normal day starts around 5:30 so I started getting up a half hour earlier but petered out on that… I thought maybe I could workout after I get home from work but if I’m not running to my daughters basketball or my band rehearsal I am just too tired and easily talk myself out of working out!!

OJJJEM

Mother of Dragons Posts: 585
You don't have to start big with working out... Some of my workouts are actually habits I've formed as additions to mundane parts of my life, such as doing squats in the bathroom after using the toilet, or taking the time to do a walkabout the property after a meal... Stretching in the morning and before bed to improve mobility... I had to start small... If you sit down a lot, perhaps, consider implementing just a small portion of a simple chair workout every so often... Above all else, change your perspective... don't let perfectionism get in the way of your sense of accomplishments.
BAND NERDS UNITE!!!
:yas:

graoumia

None from France
"Doing Fighter codex / Epic Five"
@Dave, you know it itakes time to find what works for you. You can find here very interesting video from @Damer that can help you to determine your plan, and stick to it. But maybe you fail for some good reasons, maybe you need to fnd something that suits your life, that you enjoy more than working out, maybe you could involve your daughters, or even play basketball with them? And even if sometimes it doesn't happen as you wished, all what you do is good for you, even if not every day, or if it is shorter than you planned. Keep on doing your best

Shaarawi

Hunter from Alexandria, Egypt
@Dave The sign of success is when you start to complaining. Conitune post here until you feel good and workouts becoming daily habit.

Think of it as a project,
1) create a plan
2) start very small
3) do it daily
4) never think, look at your plan and do it
5) keep post your progression
6) get advices from others (who will give only positive feedback)
7) trust of God

In Darebee, start with programs that you can do it, even it is very easy for you, challenge yourself

Hope this help!

MamaBear

from Arkansas
"Sometimes the why is more important than the action."
@Dave Maybe the best thing to do is to start sharing what you don't like about the situation and how workouts are not working for you. Then after you get all of that out of your head, heart and soul you will have room to start looking for the small places that you can change. Sometimes we see people on here and people like Charles Atlas and start thinking I could never be like that. When we do these things we are totally defeated even before we start. Change, lasting change, is small steps towards your goal. It doesn't seem like much but before you know it you have traveled a thousand miles in another direction.

I honestly understand your frustration. My husband, @PapaBear, and I are in the same space that you are. We work full time, have a bunch or kids and life that we have to do. When do we have time to workout... he frequently says that to me. Yet it is the little things that make the biggest difference in the long run. Sure you're not going to drop 20 punds and have rock hard abs in three weeks... but maybe you could be 20 pounds down in 5 months. But 5 months later you will be in a better place. If you do nothing than you will not be in a better place in 5 months.

I will try to stop by again today and put your thread on my watch list. Try your best to come back again and again. We are here to love, support and encourage you on your way.

Damer

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Warrior Monk from Terra
Pronouns: He/Him
@Dave Maybe the best thing to do is to start sharing what you don't like about the situation and how workouts are not working for you. Then after you get all of that out of your head, heart and soul you will have room to start looking for the small places that you can change. Sometimes we see people on here and people like Charles Atlas and start thinking I could never be like that. When we do these things we are totally defeated even before we start. Change, lasting change, is small steps towards your goal. It doesn't seem like much but before you know it you have traveled a thousand miles in another direction.

I honestly understand your frustration. My husband, @PapaBear, and I are in the same space that you are. We work full time, have a bunch or kids and life that we have to do. When do we have time to workout... he frequently says that to me. Yet it is the little things that make the biggest difference in the long run. Sure you're not going to drop 20 punds and have rock hard abs in three weeks... but maybe you could be 20 pounds down in 5 months. But 5 months later you will be in a better place. If you do nothing than you will not be in a better place in 5 months.

I will try to stop by again today and put your thread on my watch list. Try your best to come back again and again. We are here to love, support and encourage you on your way.
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏