Injured foot/ plantar fasciitis

RangerX

Boxer from Kansas
I'm just looking for some programs that might help me recover from my foot injury but that I can do to get in shape or better yet improve my current fitness while having plantar fasciitis. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Nitrous828

Jedi from United States
"May The Force Be With You!"
I'm just looking for some programs that might help me recover from my foot injury but that I can do to get in shape or better yet improve my current fitness while having plantar fasciitis. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
sorry to hear about your foot injury, I hope this Rehab Workouts collection helps! get well soon!

AceofSwords

Warrior Monk Posts: 162
I've had this before. I'd suggest calf raises, wall stretches, and rolling the bottom of your foot on a tennis ball. If you're having a particularly bad day, fill a plastic bottle with water, freeze it, and use that instead. Good luck! Plantar Fasciitis is no fun.

RangerX

Boxer from Kansas
I've had this before. I'd suggest calf raises, wall stretches, and rolling the bottom of your foot on a tennis ball. If you're having a particularly bad day, fill a plastic bottle with water, freeze it, and use that instead. Good luck! Plantar Fasciitis is no fun.
Hey, thanks I'm actually doing all those things already. But I learned recently it's being caused due to my pelvis being uneven which causes me to have a shuffle on my foot when I walk.

Hops_Lifts

Ranger from Tampa, FL
Pronouns: he/him
I echo what others said! I have it as well and was recommended the following by a Dr:
- Good shows and arch support
- put a towel on the floor and tug it towards you with your toes of the bad foot. Push the towel away using your toes. This exercises the muscle
- lift marbles with your foot and place in a cup
- Roll frozen water bottle along bottom of foot
- Calf raises
- Stretch your calf and foot
- Massage the foot

Get it stronger before attempting running, heavy jumping, or high impact workouts.

Hope that helps!