Looking for seated HIIT, while my foot heals.

ixora

Hi, I hurt my foot and it will take several months to heal. I've been looking on Darebee for some HIIT routines I can do while sitting down. I found a few, but they are limited to upper body or wheelchairs. I can actually move my legs while sitting in a chair -I just can't walk very well. Almost all the seated charts (for office, etc) are not HIIT. I wonder if I could just convert regular routines into a HIIT routine? Any suggestions on the best way to do this? Or how to examine whether an exercise really shouldn't be converted to HIIT. Thanks!

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
It is more difficult to transform weight exercises into HIIT, for other workouts it is simpler just replace the number of repetitions with a tempo and go all out, the real difference is that.
Even an all-out cardio workout becomes HIIT :)

oreogeorge

I suggest choosing low-impact exercises that can be done while sitting in a chair.
Perform each exercise in short bursts of 30-60 seconds, followed by a brief rest period of 15-30 seconds.

This would be a good seated HIIT routine:
  • Leg raises: 30 seconds of work, 15 seconds of rest
  • Knee bends: 30 seconds of work, 15 seconds of rest
  • Arm circles: 30 seconds of work, 15 seconds of rest
  • Repeat the circuit 3-5 times
It's important to listen to your body and avoid any exercises that cause pain or put too much stress on your injured foot.