Lower back/hip stretch

Cannonarchy

Hello everyone, first post here.
I'm 37M, started doing fitness 3 times a week 8 months ago. Was practically a literal couch potato till then. I have no injuries, but a few pains that I chalk up to needing to get in shape to overcome them.
I'm having some problems stretching my lower back and hip properly after training. The result is extended recovery and walking around like an 'old man' for longer than necessary.
Many lower back stretches arch your back, that's not what I need. Bending the back thoroughly to get a very low stretch seems to work better, I just can't seem to do it efficiently.
With the hips I usually sit down and then lean to the side with my entire body to create a stretch on one side at a time, but again, some places in the hips aren't fully stretched by doing this.
Any help would be welcome.

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
I second @Fremen 's suggestion. That workout looks great for providing an all-over hip stretch as well as both flexion and extension for the lower back, while including some active work to help strengthen the muscles that support these areas.

For some tips on executing the poses depicted in the Hips & Glutes Stretch workout to get maximum benefit, I recommend:

1. Runner's Lunge
2. Garland Pose (yogi squat)
3. Half Lord of the Fishes Pose (this one shows a variation with the lower leg bent, but the hip stretch on the top leg is very similar either way)
4. Bridge
5. One-Legged Wind Relieving Pose
6. Supine Pigeon Pose