Need advice

EternallyCurious

Pronouns: He
So like many others the new year brings new years resolutions and I am one of the many. Ive worked out to a small degree here and there with little success. I did a bunch of research and looking around and found you guys. Ive been doing (https://darebee.com/programs/60-days-of-cardio.html) that program for 21 days now. Some have been great, others been difficult and others crazy difficult. I am a 330lb 37 year old guy, and as I said before I've done some exercising but for the most part I'm very new to everything. My question, or questions is what steps can I take to make some of the exercises in that program more "doable" for my size? for example day 21 Is climbers and plank rotations. Climbers I cant do a normal one (at least from what I see online) and normal I mean bringing your knees up to your chest (my stomach is in the way, so I can do waist at best) and find getting to 20 is pretty hard sometimes. What can I do to make it attainable? the same goes for plank rotations, i dont have the balance, or the strength to even do 1. Again, what is something I can do with most exercises to allow me to still do them?

Anek

Sorceress from Bavaria, Germany
Pronouns: She/her
"If the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember Cedric Diggory."
Hi and welcome to the Hive!

I'm no expert, but I would suggest you modify the exercises so you can do them at your best. For climbers I think that getting to your waist is already a great start, and if you can't do 20 in a row, do 10, or 5, and then take a break before continuing.
Plank rotations are easier when you put your lower knee down.

Most exercises can be modified to be easier (or harder), I suggest you have a look around the guides and the easier programs to get an idea for which exercises are easier and see how you can modify the ones in the program you're doing.

Good luck!

Damer

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Warrior Monk from Terra
Pronouns: He/Him
@EternallyCurious welcome here and the easy answer to this is that what changes us is the effort involved not what we do. You perform each exercise to the best of your capability and we have some exercise alternatives you can find here: https://darebee.com/modifications.html. Ultimately it is a question of persistence and patience and you should be aware that we all dip at some point. To help you when you stumble you may want to consider perhaps having a thread here like the checking-in logs: https://www.community.darebee.com/forums/checking-in-training-logs.5/ It helps keep you accountable to yourself and also it inspires others who may have a similar journey to yours plus when you do need help (because at some point we all need a cheerleader) it makes it easier to ask.

Also check this video for motivation:

Apart from that it's just a case of turning up and trying to also have as much fun as possible along the way. I hope this helps.