On the Hero's Journey

Quarkmage

Druid from Santa Cruz, California
"on the hero s journey"
yesterday (01/30/2024):
Hardgainer workout with 11.3kg (25 lb) weights. various challenge exercises.
completed 100 challenge. i am sure some Bees have done it, but i will have to try this challenge out as a 1 day exercise (30 exercises, 100 reps each).
today: can't believe it is only wednesday. lots of hard decisions at work...hoping for easier 2nd half of work week.

Quarkmage

"on the hero s journey"
back on the bike! got to ride for two hours yesterday. little cold, but got to see the sunrise and complete little tour about town.
continuing with workouts composed from collection of challenges.
just started the Power Hold challenge. I would love to get 100 push-ups badge, but wow, that is tough! i was doing a lot of push-ups a few years ago and got into the low 80s in one go. 100 still seemed very far away. will see how far i can get after this challenge. currently can do about 40 in good form...lets see!

Quarkmage

"on the hero s journey"
Good luck on your push-ups century quest! That is a big goal for sure!
it is big. i have tried hard twice, but never got there. end up needing to give wrists a break, while still quite far from 100.
if anyone has tips for the 100 push-ups in a row, let me know and i will keep you posted on my progress.

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
it is big. i have tried hard twice, but never got there. end up needing to give wrists a break, while still quite far from 100.
if anyone has tips for the 100 push-ups in a row, let me know and i will keep you posted on my progress.
My PR, unfortunately, is 30 reps--and that was done when I was still a scrawny teenager.
I did once get to 50 burpees in a row as an adult. That was significantly easier for me than 50 push-ups would be, because all of the nice jumping back and forth and up gives me a break between each push-up.

If your wrists are your weak point, could you get further by doing some reps on your knuckles?
You can also use things like planks to build endurance for the wrist position, and do some exercises specifically for strengthening the wrists. I like:

and: