Prenatal nausea ugh

RoboKitty

Hi everyone!

I hope you are all doing fabulously. I've hit a snag in my training plan and am looking for ideas. I am in my first trimester of pregnancy and have really awful nausea. I want to keep training as it helps me manage other health conditions but am lost as to what programmes or challenges might work. It's tricky because a lot of abs are out for the trimester, but jumping or zippy cardio is also a bit dodgy at the moment due to the nausea. I've been doing Juno Prenatal and the yoga based workouts but I am getting a bit bored. Anyone have any favourites that would deliver a satisfying workout that keeps vomiting to a minimum? Otherwise I am low risk and doctor has no issues with me training as usual.

Thanks all!

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
If you take some easy or normal workouts and modify them by playing sets, reps, rests or choosing different variations of an exercise to make them easier or harder, adapting them to what you can or want to do, you can vary it a bit and have fun.
It's just an idea and I'm not an expert :)

OJJJEM

Mother of Dragons Posts: 583
While it's not for everyone: I used to have a packet of green tea on me at all times and every time I felt sick, I'd stick it under my nose and inhale deeply. Peppermint made me feel worse, but green tea surprisingly helped. I don't recommend drinking it while pregnant, though... just for sniffs...

As for workouts, the only workouts I could do without regret was walking, which was only a workout because I walked for hours. If the jostle of walking makes you sick, roll your feet when you walk... I'm sure your local high school marching band instructor can teach you if you don't understand what I mean by that... great for calves and posture, bad for cramps if you're not big on stretching. Naked yoga is less boring for me because it becomes a body positivity focus rather than a fitness focus... that, and it's less constricting, and let's face it, preggers needs all the freedom from confinement she can get come last trimester! I wish I could help you more, but that's really all I can say from my own very poor memory of a more than decades-old experience. Good luck!

RoboKitty

If you take some easy or normal workouts and modify them by playing sets, reps, rests or choosing different variations of an exercise to make them easier or harder, adapting them to what you can or want to do, you can vary it a bit and have fun.
It's just an idea and I'm not an expert :)
That's a fab idea thank you! I might check out some of the Level One full bodies ones to keep moving.

RoboKitty

While it's not for everyone: I used to have a packet of green tea on me at all times and every time I felt sick, I'd stick it under my nose and inhale deeply. Peppermint made me feel worse, but green tea surprisingly helped. I don't recommend drinking it while pregnant, though... just for sniffs...

As for workouts, the only workouts I could do without regret was walking, which was only a workout because I walked for hours. If the jostle of walking makes you sick, roll your feet when you walk... I'm sure your local high school marching band instructor can teach you if you don't understand what I mean by that... great for calves and posture, bad for cramps if you're not big on stretching. Naked yoga is less boring for me because it becomes a body positivity focus rather than a fitness focus... that, and it's less constricting, and let's face it, preggers needs all the freedom from confinement she can get come last trimester! I wish I could help you more, but that's really all I can say from my own very poor memory of a more than decades-old experience. Good luck!
Walking is a lovely idea, thank you so much!