Recipes and meal plans?

Hekewika

Mercenary from North America
Pronouns: It/Its
"INPRG"
Fair enough. Thank you for the announcement. I'm glad I got the recipe for the no-bake breakfast bar when it was available. I've been making it and enjoying it and sharing it with my family for a few years now. :) Thank you for doing what you can DAREBEE team!
Would you be willing to share that recipe please? @dontmindlosing

dontmindlosing

Guardian from Ontario, Canada
Pronouns: he/him
"Challenges completed: 95/148"
Would you be willing to share that recipe please? @dontmindlosing
I'd be happy to @Hekewika ! Over time, I've modified the original recipe to suit my family's preferences and to simplify quantities. So, considering it's an adaptation of an old DAREBEE recipe, I cannot assure you that it's optimally nutritious (it most likely is not with my mods), but we still enjoy eating it after several years. (My apologies to the DAREBEE team if my modifications ruined the spirit of the original recipe.)

Modified recipe:
  • 5 cups of oats (I use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free oats.)
  • 1 cup of nut butter of your choice (I like cashew butter, but also use peanut or almond. I think the original recipe used peanut butter.)
  • 1 can of coconut milk (I don't use light, but you could use light.)
  • 0.5 cup of raisins (This is what I use as sweetener. If you don't like raisins, replace with your preferred sweetener. I think the original recipe used honey.)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
  1. Mix nut butter, coconut milk, raisins, and vanilla in a big bowl until blended
  2. Add oats and mix until once again blended
  3. Pour into a rectangular baking dish that has a lid and flatten with the bottom of a measuring cup
  4. Put on lid, put in fridge, and let sit for at least 2 hours before cutting into squares and eating