Sarasta's Playbook

Sarasta

Amazon from France
Sore legs. :flat: The upper body has recovered. Body parts are taking turn, that's good :expecting:

Athena D4 Plank. Hard but manageable.
Push and Pull D4: 2, 2, 1 pull ups.

My warm up is allways the same: 3 Sun Salutations+ some extra moves depending on the work out coming.
I do some post workout stretchings when I have enough time...

@Fremen @Mamatigerj and @Anek thank you for welcoming me back to the Hive. I used to be there a lot before I had my daughter. With a new job schedule, and my daughter being 3 years old, I hope to be able to work out regularly again and maybe go back to
my old fitness level ? :yas:

Sarasta

Amazon from France
Athena D8, L1 with extra credit: daughter climbing on my belly while doing the butterfly dips...
Push and pull challenge D8 : 3, 1, 1. After having drunk sangria and good italian red wine, it's not that bad :dizzy:
Vacation time is always a challenge for maintaining a routine

Sarasta

Amazon from France
Athena D9 L1: High-knees and burpees :hope:
I thought I had found a good excuse to skip D9 as we were supposed to go to the swimming pool this morning but of course it was closed (Holiday)...
So I had to do it anyway he he...

Push and Pull challenge D9: 14, 10, 5 push-ups (I took 1 or 2 sec after the 10th push-up, I think it's ok :p )

Sarasta

Amazon from France
Athena D11. There was donkey kicks. I forgot to mention that I do almost every workout with extra credit : I do the donkey walk with my daughter on my back all around the room... :ride:;)

Push and Pull challenge: D11, 7, 3, 3 push-ups. The pain in my arm is almost gone, I think I'll get back to normal next time.

Sarasta

Amazon from France
Athena D12 L1: abs. Ouch....
Extra credit: no rest between sets: "donkey walk" instead, with daughter on my back...
+ Foot tickled while doing side plank... ...
Push and Pull challenge: D12, 3 and 3/4 (4th didn't go up the bar), 1, 1.
My arms were done after the up and down planks...

This is what I like with this challenge, there is no number to reach, so no failure feeling when not able to reach the number.
As far as I show up, I'm happy, always better than nothing.

Sarasta

Amazon from France
Athena D13 L3. Cardio. It felt really easy, 1 min rest between sets. Now that the muscle soreness is totally gone, I may have leveled up ? Or it is one of these easy days before a killer one. I don't want to know (until tomorrow) :peek:

Push and Pull challenge: 18, 8, 6 push ups.
As there was no upper body exercise in Athena, I could do a decent amount of push ups. Feels good. :goof:

Extra- credit: post workout donkey walk :owly:

Sarasta

Amazon from France
Athena D14 L1. Combat moves, definitely more challenging that D13 ! I had no muscle soreness from yesterday level 3, though. I regret nothing :tude:

Push and Pull challenge D14: 3, 2, 1 pull-ups.
I put some strap on one side of the pull-ups bar for a better grip (old ine is gine) and made it more even (right side was higher). Hope it will help.

No extra credit today, daughter is at school :smirk:

Sarasta

Amazon from France
Athena D17 Leg day, went ok
Push and Pull challenge D17: 20,12,10 push-ups. (Seems like I'm more of a pusher than a puller :worry:)

Still tired but not as much as yesterday. Not very enthusiastic neither, but I'm not an afternoon workout kind of person anyway.

Sarasta

Amazon from France
Athena D30 lev 1 Combat
Push and Pull D30 3, 2, 1 pull-ups

:completed::hooray::fantastic:

I think it's the first time a complete a program in a row. It was a lot for my body, especially while doing a challenge in the same time, but I needed it to get back on track.
I'm really happy with Athena's Playbook, it is diversified, there is combat moves, strength, cardio, yoga... The abs exercises are perineum friendly (I don't do crunches or alike any more).

I'm also happy with he results of the Push and Pull challenge. I reached 20 push-ups (started at 10) which was my goal and I'm good with that. The pull-ups are not so high but it's ok. I'd like to reach 5, no more. I used to do 8 in a row but I'm not interested in doing so much now.

Next, I'll start the 1/2 Marathon program on December 11, as I signed up for one in March. (I'm not delighted, I've done 1/2 Marathons before and don't really like it, but some colleagues wanted me in, so...).

In the meantime I'll have a few days rest, and then maybe random workouts ? We'll see.

Sarasta

Amazon from France
I started the Fit December program today, even if I know I won't finish it (will start the 1/2 Marathon one on December 11)
I'm bad at picking up random workouts (it's like choosing a film on Netflix :type:) and the WOD was level 4, not for me yet !

So... Fit December D1
20 sec Legs D4
Unbound and Touch your toes D4
I already touched my toes today ! I think the sun salutations I have been doing before every workout has helped a lot and the challenge will help me to go further.

Last edited:

Sarasta

Amazon from France
1/2 Marathon training program, here we go :pose:

I'm excited :hope:

I have done 1/2 Marathons before but never with a proper program. It was always painful as I was never really prepared, even if I did a decent time (1h53 was my best).
I already know I won't be able to run outside every time, depending on the weather, but I'll have sometimes access to a treadmill. If not the case I'll pick up workouts from the "running alternatives" collection.

D1 lev 1: climbers, shoulder taps and plank rotation. Feels good

Unbound and Touch your toes D11

Sarasta

Amazon from France
Thank you @Mamatigerj :rush:

Today didn't go to plan...

I had recharged my running watch for this morning but when wanted to start it... Nothing happened. I think it's dead. Or maybe it just needs an update.. we'll see tonight if I can revive it :choke:
Anyway... It was very frustrating because I really wanted to stick to the plan and run at about 12km/h ( goal was 15 min, 3 k). So i just run "fast" for about 15 min ( maybe) and then slow down to a slower pace.
Then it started raining, I wanted to take a short cut :tap: and I ended up running it circles in a dead end house lot.
But... I saw beautiful Christmas decorated houses. :tude:

Unbound D12