Weights and Running

Nyther

Samurai from USA, GA
"They say your body is a temple. Mine is a fast moving dumpster."
I tend to do my workouts all in one go as opposed to throughout the day (it's really the only way it fits into my schedule). When doing running combined with weights, does it matter the order I do the exercises in? Running is more important to me than weights, so I am planning on running first then weights. Unless there is some benefit to doing it the other way.

GentleOx

Warrior from Hong Kong
"So sleepy!"
That should be okay, as it's all down to priorities. I did the reverse, as I wanted to have some strength for my workouts, and not tax myself too heavily. Hit my weightlifting goals first, then cardio to burn off some calories.

But if you're not interested in that format, then by all means, get your running done and then hit the weights. You can still reach hypertrophy/strength gains that way.

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
Running is more important to me than weights, so I am planning on running first then weights.
You have the right idea. There are benefits to either order, and you will gain benefit from both types of training no matter which order you do them in. But to get the most bang for your buck, do the activity first that most directly supports your primary training goals, and do the supporting activity after.