You're The Light

Damer

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Warrior Monk from Terra
Pronouns: He/Him
lights-1088141_640.jpg
(Image by Jill Wellington from Pixabay)

Every day we get emails from many people who find Darebee useful in their life. They come from all over the world and they're all in different parts of their fitness journey but the one thing they all have in common is the struggle to get fitter inside and out, to be healthier in body and mind and to feel they have some control over their life and can experience a measure of happiness.

You don't need me to tell you how, at times, the world around us appears to be a hard, hopeless and uncaring place designed to grind us down and stop us from having even basic health and fitness. It is all too easy to lose hope, become demotivated and give up because of it. But this is not how things are by a longshot. The world may appear to be a dark, chaotic place but that is only because we tend to focus on its darkness and chaos. It is easy then to overlook the fact that there are always more decent and kind people than the opposite. That there are always people willing to offer a helping hand. That there is always a chance to find hope.

What we sometimes perceive as an implacable, uncaring world machine is nothing more than an imperfect system designed to help us survive and if it feels cruel and uncaring at times it's because it is flawed and imperfect and needs fixing. The fix it needs is us. Our thoughts, beliefs and actions. Our willingness to be thoughtful and caring, kind and helpful. The Darebee team sees this every day in your actions, shares, suggestions and interactions, here.

Leonard Cohen's amazing song, Anthem, has a line that's always stayed with me: "There is a crack, a crack in everything/That's how the light gets in" There are cracks in the darkness of the world machine. The light that always gets in, is us. It is you. I thought a reminder today may help you all feel better.

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"
Well said Damer
Happy If You Say So GIF

MadamMeow

Fae from Central NJ
"I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time, but Im too young to worry..."
Very eloquently put. :ss:

My favorite part of coming here is the positivity, which I was not particularly used to, and it has helped me incorporate that much more into my offline life.

Darebee is by far my favorite escape from all of the nonsense.

:lovely: