What would the "Goal" of this routine be?

tegovi4471

So my one friend told me they are doing the "routine they feel works best" for them. They don't have a goal in mind other than exercising. They bought 2 heavy hand weights (like those mini dumbbells you have in each hand). They do an exercise like shoulder presses or rows until they cannot do any more, then rest like 3 minutes and repeat it for a certain number of times (I think 5 or 6) and then they call it a day. What would that accomplish? I'm thinking of getting back into exercise and was thinking of just getting an elliptical as it does a full body workout and can just use it for 45 minutes each day.

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
I'm thinking of getting back into exercise and was thinking of just getting an elliptical as it does a full body workout and can just use it for 45 minutes each day.
My mother uses the elliptical every day for an hour, it was recommended to her by the physiatrist and she is very comfortable, it is simple and it works :)

It is a good idea to buy the elliptical if you like it , you may do also HIIT workouts as Tabata.
Also you can consider to buy a 6-7 kg medicine ball and do workouts as this or buy 1-2 kettlebells.and do full body workouts as this