Return to action!!!

SnackDaddy

Guardian from Ontario, Canada
"Father of twins, suffering from chronic parental fatigue"
Starting fresh after being MIA for around 3 years. Now that I've survived my first year of being a twin dad, I'm hoping to get back into the habit of taking care of myself; for my sake and my kids, to give them a positive role model in physical fitness and to enhance my work performance.

My goal is to bulk up a little and then increase my power and stamina. I want to make sure I can keep working hard in my career, be able to enjoy my hobbies for longer, and be a challenge to my kids for as long as humanly possible.

‭I Corinthians 6:19-20 NKJV‬
[19] Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? [20] For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.

SnackDaddy

During the month of February I completed the 2000 pushup challenge. For the month of march I'll be doing the Military Fit program. I guess my only question would be about the to failure flags depicted on the first day, I assume those are for the last set or a challenge mode of some kind?

SnackDaddy

Military Fit: Day 1

My goal was to complete level 3 but only managed level 1 today. I could've pushed to level 2 but didn't want risk revisiting a meal. Hopefully by day 7 I'll be at level 2. The 2000 pushup challenge really took the wind out of my sails for today. I'll add rest days on Saturdays, makes sense with Sabbath observance, and hopefully my body will be rested enough to really power through day 2.

Note:

I found the "knee in twists" and "leg circles" the most challenging, also I had questions about the to failure flag and now believe that it makes more sense that the last 2 sets (set 6 and 7) would be to failure and not all 7 sets.

SnackDaddy

Military Fit: Day 2

Was able to complete level 2 with a moderate amount of sweat. The hop squats with the squat hold and the followed by more hop squats, is a killer past the second set. I did every exercise at 40sec for all 4 sets.

Made myself a homemade melon hydration drink and it really took the edge off. I used cantaloupe, watermelon, fresh mint, salt, and sugar; once I tweak the recipe I'll post the details.

SnackDaddy

Military Fit: Day 3

Finished day 3 at level 1 for the workout and level 3 for the add on stuff. I found the clapping and power pushups the hardest because of minor wrist injuries; would be nice if I had better pushup stands, at least for the power pushups. The add on stuff was a breeze, being a tree climber really paid off for the pull ups and chin ups.

SnackDaddy

Military Fit: Day 4-6

Sorry kept falling asleep in bed before posting update.
Day 4 : I used an interval timer app on my phone to do the whole workout in one shot. It worked great and it took me 36 mins but was very tired at the end.
Day 5: I completed level 1 only because work was already a workout, shovel dirt and such. Wasn't to bad, would've been more tired if I pushed for level 2.
Day 6: Was good started to become challenging at the end of level 1 but still a good workout.

SnackDaddy

Military Fit : Day 7

I decided to take my rest day on Friday while I visited my sister-in-law. Today's workout was good went to level 2 with the workout and level 1 with the add-on. Got a good sweat going.

SnackDaddy

Military Fit: Day 8 - 11

Day 8 was definitely a sweaty workout although the wrists didn't enjoy the clapping pushups, so we subbed those out for regular ones and went to level 2. Day 9 was good went to level 2 but not recommended to do inside with sleeping kids, hard to stay quiet. Day 10 and 11 I did on the same day because I wasn't feeling it the night before so I did one before work and the other before bed both to level 1.