♢ Sulky check-ins... ♢

don't exist

Mercenary from nowhere
Pronouns: she/her/hers
"Doing my best to just make it through invisible illness, anxiety and living instead of just existing."
Hello to all.

I have been here on darebee for some time, but my old account was lost due to my own error--and now that I've moved and the new year has begun, I'm ready to get started. Here is an introduction for you all.

I am thirty years old, mother of three daughters, two bonus boys, and one angel baby. I have PCOS, suffer from Migraine, arthritis and carpal tunnel. I am overweight and exhausted--fatigue riddles me on the daily. I am an author, graphic designer and voice-actor in training. I homeschool four out of the five of my kids and am in the middle of remodeling my home. I have a plethora of pets I care for as well, two red-eared sliders, two guinea pigs, a bearded dragon and five dogs. I am engaged and caring for my mother who recently battled congestive heart-failure and was able to defeat it.

There is a lot on my plate, but I know deep down that I would feel much better, and less overwhelmed if I took better care of myself and my body. The goal for this year and those to follow is to get better educated about my PCOS and Migraine and follow the instructions my doctor gives me as well as what my instincts do.

My personal goals for 2023:
  • I would like to lose 65 pounds by December 31st, 2023. I am not a huge fan of the scale and so, I don't really mind if I deter from this number a little, as I am aware that it might be difficult to focus on the numbers being someone with PCOS. I also don't really care as long as I feel better, you know?
  • I would like to quit smoking by my birthday in August of 2023. I've been smoking for a long time and I'm honestly just tired of it. It's the habit, I think, but I'm starting to ween myself off of them slowly but surely, and we all know the health benefits I would have if I could actually do it.
  • I'd like to have better self discipline. I give up too easily, and my endurance is shite.
  • I want to wake up earlier, as well as go to sleep earlier. I function better that way.

I won't be focusing on diets--I've found with my PCOS that worrying about being on a strict diet actually raises the cortisol levels which makes my symptoms worse. I simply will ask myself before making a food choice whether or not it is on the healthier side of things. I'm pretty good at being honest with myself so I don't think I'll be coming up with excuses about that Double Bacon Quarter Pounder with Cheese at McDonald's this year.

I hope to update frequently, but as I am busy most often, I will do my best to at least update weekly progress here. After I post this I will be exploring the programs and workouts and seeing which one I would like to start with. I will also edit this post and put my progress here.

Thanks for checking in!

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."

Anek

Sorceress from Bavaria, Germany
Pronouns: She/her
"If the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember Cedric Diggory."
Hello and welcome!

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Happy Birthday :fireworks:

Anek

Sorceress from Bavaria, Germany
Pronouns: She/her
"If the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember Cedric Diggory."
Happy birthday!