🐝Sulky's Training Log🐝

sulkysulkish

Honeybee from the void
Pronouns: she/her/hers
"trying to change my life, one move at a time"
Hey there!
I am excited to be here. I'd tried out some Darebee workouts a while ago and they were so helpful. In fact, I suggested these workouts and programs/challenges to my mom who had recently suffered from congestive heart failure, and she still uses Darebee to this day. I have a bunch of health issues as well, and yet so far my heart is still intact and healthy. I aim to keep it that way.

I have PCOS, Metabolic Syndrome X, a badly healed meniscus tear that causes me issues often, arthritis, and I deal with chronic migraine. I also suffer from depression, PTSD and anxiety. I went to therapy for three years and got a good hold on my mental health and am able to cope in healthy ways without therapy. I aim to focus on my PCOS symptoms in the year of 2024. I want to be able to get those symptoms under control because I feel like then--I will have a better shot at managing all the others.

Despite this laundry list, I am highly motivated, and I have five beautiful faces to thank for that. I have two handsome step sons, and three beautiful daughters. I have two children floating in heaven whom are with me as well. I keep going every day mainly because of them, but I am doing it for me this time, too.

I don't want to hurt anymore.
I homeschool all five of my kids, and with the PCOS I'm falling asleep two hours in and have no energy--that's not fair to them and it's going to change.
I am writing a six book fantasy romance series--but my brain fog causes me to push out my deadlines so often I want to give up, but that's not going to happen.

It all starts with getting up and staying motivated.

So, hello and thank you for reading my spiel. I can't wait to support and recover, and become strong with you all!

~ Sulky.

Challenge & Program Updates/Streaks:

• Foundation (Light) [0/days completed]

Last edited:

sulkysulkish

Honeybee from the void
The beginning of the year is off to a good start. I was able to get the supplements I need organized and bought all the supplies I need to start meal prepping. I've been making overnight oats every morning and having protein shakes. I like the energy I get from the protein throughout the day and have noticed some improvements from that. I've printed off the Foundation Light program and am ready to start that next week. My fiance has some goals of his own and so he and I have been creating some trackers and doing some goal mapping for the year. I've lost 7.7 pounds so far this year, but I'm certain that it's water weight. I do feel a little better as far as my energy levels and the spikes in my sugar throughout the day. PCOS sucks in that regard because certain foods need to be eaten with other certain foods to make sure they don't cause spikes which can cause me to just fall asleep. Having five kids, a remote job, and homeschooling makes it pretty imperative that I don't just sit down in my chair and start dozing off like I'm hooked up to an IV in the hospital--you know?

Seriously though, it's been a good start. I'm taking it slow and not too freaked out about whether or not the pounds drop. Like I said, I want to be stronger and not hurt as much. I'm focusing on healing my body instead of just looking good and I know as I heal my body the weight will come off in a healthy way. I got some ankle/wrist weights to wear when I walk, and to wear when I'm doing my arm exercises. I don't want to over exert myself as my job and shit makes me pretty sedentary. I don't want to freak my body out.

I am dealing with some shedding on my head as well as some hair grown on my chin--that's so lovely--but with the supplements I'm hoping that will improve as well.

I'm also making sure I'm drinking enough water throughout the day to help the supplements move through my body properly as well as to keep my body hydrated.

I hope you're all doing well!!

sulkysulkish

Honeybee from the void
It's been about a week, and I'm feeling better.
I've done a lot ore research and have started walking a little every day. It's hard to fit it in with my teaching schedule but since I teach from home it's helping me kind of move things around and make the time I need for this. I'm documenting little things here and there on my TikTok to kind of motivate myself (and hopefully others some day) to keep going. I weighed in at higher than my freakin' starting weight again--but I am thankful for growth, because old me would've cried. I did feel a little disappointed but I have PCOS...like...what did I expect? It's natural for our bodies to fluctuate throughout the months of our lives anyway, and with PCOS it literally will jump around like crazy. I'm feeling positive despite that and am also trying not to weigh in too much and rely too much on what that scale tells me.

I have an appointment with a new doctor in the begging of February and hopefully will get some updated tests done so that will help me see how my supplements and diet changes have been helping me.

Hope all is well out there!

MadamMeow

Fae from Central NJ
"I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time, but Im too young to worry..."
Definitely do not base everything on the scale. Base it on how you feel and note your own physical progress. So glad to see you are feeling better! :ss: