2024 Programs Update

Anek

Sorceress from Bavaria, Germany
Pronouns: She/her
"If the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember Cedric Diggory."
Thanks for the warning! My partner will start with it soon so good to know we should wait!

Scohui

Mercenary from Portugal
Pronouns: He/Him
"Boy will I be causing trouble today! A reeeaaaalll ruckus!"
What's being changed? (when it's not cosmetic) Are the exercises just being replaced with new ones, new reps? Also, what prompted the change? Outdated methods? Thanks!

neilarey

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Shieldmaiden from Greece
"Trust The Awesomeness"
@Scohui hi! We regularly update workouts, challenges and programs based on the feedback we receive. It usually takes years to collect enough feedback to justify an update. Sometimes we have new illustrations for existing exercises, sometimes we need to align the text or change the font etc. That's when the changes are purely cosmetic. It's a lot of work so we don't do this very often (every 3-5 years or so). And yes, sometimes we have better methods and exercises combinations, too. Each programs has a file with suggested and tested changes to be implemented at a later date. When we have the time, the resources and the manpower, we make the changes.

I hope this makes sense and helps :happy:

EnbyFitness

Boxer Pronouns: they/them
"doing grad school and getting buff"
Hi,

I was on Day 17 of the Foundation Program. Is it still Level 2, or has that been changed to level 1? All the exercises look a little too easy for me now… should I change programs?

Thank you very much for all the work that you do!!!!

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
I was on Day 17 of the Foundation Program. Is it still Level 2, or has that been changed to level 1? All the exercises look a little too easy for me now… should I change programs?
It's still Level 2. But it's been brought in line with the new difficulty level classification system as explained in the Workout Manual.
(I don't speak for the Team. But I believe a big part of the decision to engage in this substantial effort to update all of the older programs at this time was to bring them in line with the new classification system.)

neilarey

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Shieldmaiden from Greece
"Trust The Awesomeness"
Hi,

Thank you very much for all the work that you do!!!!
hi! Yes, you should be training at Level 3 now (based on the current difficulty rating). You have two options:
a) finish the Foundation (2018 version), here is the PDF.
b) switch to any of the level 3 program.

I hope this helps :please: