Bee's Log

beejubilee22

Valkyrie from Utah
Pronouns: She/Her
After 2 kids, I'm in the process of reclaiming my body and rediscovering who I am. Life is hectic and changing a lot right now. I'm doing college online, starting a new job very soon, my husband is transitioning into being a SAHP and we're juggling our 2 boys and 2 dogs.

Today is day one of the rest of my life. I should probably answer my "why" for making changes.
  • I could do with taking some time out of my day for some workouts to reconnect with myself. Let the anxieties fade into the background a little.
  • I'm determined to get some super cute tattoos within a few years and they'd be great rewards for hitting some fitness goals.
  • I want to be able to play with my kids with more ease. I want to run around with them, introduce them to sports, all that jazz. I'd love to be able to connect with them in that way.
  • More confidence. Even if I don't lose the 60-ish pounds I'm hoping to lose, working out builds my confidence.
So what are my specific goals? Great question, glad you asked.
  • Be able to run a mile. I don't think I'll ever be a consistent runner, it's not a kind of exercise I've ever enjoyed. But being able to run for a whole mile without walking would be pretty sweet.
  • Fit into size 14 jeans again.
  • Be able to do the splits. I've learned of better, more effective ways to stretch and I have hope I'll be able to actually do it.
  • Be able to compete at least a little with my in laws (who regularly win competitions 😬)
  • Be able to do 50 push-ups at once.
How will I get there? Baby steps. Starting with 1 walk or 1 workout a day, then moving up from there. I got this.

beejubilee22

Valkyrie from Utah
11/12/23
  • Recovery Program - Day 1
I'm still recovering from my surgery for getting my tubes tied, so we're taking it extra easy.

Tomorrow I'll aim for a 30 minute walk in the morning and doing Day 2. If anyone has any recommendations for (relatively cheap) rewards for hitting goals, lmk!

beejubilee22

Valkyrie from Utah
11/13/23

• Recovery Program - Day 2
  • Square One Program - Day 1
I didn't get my walk in today, but that's okay. I delivered for doordash for like 5 hours, and that involved a lot of walking, so you know what? I'll count it.

• 30 minute walk (at least 30 mins, although it was very broken up between car rides. Very brisk pace, tho)
Thanks for all the welcomes!! I'm surprised by how deceiving hard the square one workout was. The exercises look so easy, but doing the motions repeatedly actually started to burn. After my dr gives me the all clear for working out intesively, I'll definitely be adding on more sets so I can improve faster.

beejubilee22

Valkyrie from Utah
11/16/23

• Square One - Day 2
I have been cleared for all kinds of exercise post surgery! I'm dropping the recovery program, perhaps I'll pick it up at another time. Starting tomorrow I'm going to try to do Square One as a warm up, 10 as my main workout, and Unbound as my cool down/stretch afterwards. But after only 4 hours of sleep last night, my body needs a nap more than it needs a bigger workout

beejubilee22

Valkyrie from Utah
11/17/23
  • Square One - Day 3 (warm-up)
  • 10 - Day 1
  • Unbound - Day 1 (cool-down)
I woke up more sore than I expected, but my husband reminded me the soreness would go away with a workout. After doing Square One today, I thought I might need to be done, but I was able to push through and finish the whole workout! Hopefully I can convince my just woken up brain to go on a walk tomorrow, too.

beejubilee22

Valkyrie from Utah
11/18/23

• Square One - Day 4
  • 10 - Day 2
  • Unbound - Day 2
  • 5 minute walk with dogs
Those reverse lunges were killer 😅 my husband is the best cheerleader, though, and kept me motivated to go all the way down for them. Walking is gonna be rough tomorrow lol

beejubilee22

Valkyrie from Utah
11/19/23
  • Square One - Day 5
  • 10 - Day 3
  • Unbound - Day 3
I'm going up to my in laws tonight and we'll be staying the week. I hate the idea of working out in front of other people, does anyone have any tips/suggestions? The room we stay in isn't big enough to move around in, so I'll be working out in common areas lol. Maybe I can just wait until everyone is at work/school every day...