Chaos returns

Vliegendegieter

Ranger Pronouns: she/they
Ok so this has been a really long time. In fact it's been years since I was last really active here and only recently found out that my old account was gone.

So hello everyone, I used to post my thread here years ago almost like a diary of random comments about my days. People called them walls of texts and I have a feeling I did not unlearn that so beware! I recently found out I have ADHD so it explains a lot about me, including about my interest in fitness (take that as me never keeping up with it for more than a few days or a few weeks). Even now after all this time I found evidence on my laptop of me doing a fitness program here and then quitting literally halfway. :sadness:

Anyways, the reason why and how I rolled back in this is quite funny imo. I bought the game Just Dance 2023 in April when it was on sale for my barely used switch and ever since I've been obsessively playing it for hours and hours. I could literally play it for 3 hours straight on some days, that's how much I was into it. Recently my obsession is finally slowing down so let's see how long it will continue. In the meantime I'm trying to extend my fun with feeling like I'm dying from dancing to Rasputin into working out more and getting stronger and more fit. But as I already got a nice streak on Duolingo for learning languages (which past me found impossible to keep up for longer than a few days), why not seeing how far I can get now.

Most important of all, my mental health has not been great for way too long (probably half my life), but now I know more about myself and am getting help with that, I want to help it even more by making my body feel better as well. I hit a very low point in the beginning of this year from which I'm trying to slowly climb out with ups and downs so I got that going on right now. I'm trying to be kinder to myself in many ways and not shame myself for forgetting to do workouts for a few days because that's usually why I quit the last times.

Tldr: I am chaos, my brain is chaos, my life is chaos and I don't know what I'm doing but it's something. Just flopping around here! :ragdoll:

Feel free to ask for anything because I feel like my introduction is messy but I am too tired right now to change much, especially because I already wrote something and then accidentally closed my browser, deleting all my text. :')

Vliegendegieter

Thursday 24 August

Epic Arms Challenge - day 19
TEN - day 1
Arms of Steel chair edition - day 1

I already started the epic arms challenge some time ago to ease myself a bit into working out and to test whether I would be interested in doing more or not. You can see that I did keep up with it and I'm surprised I already got this far but it also makes me happy and that's what it's about.

It took me 3 days before I chose a program because there's so many more compared to 5 years ago. It was really hard to choose but then again I chose nothing that seemed too hard for me, again to not make it too challenging from the beginning so that I don't quit quickly and it's a succes because I kinda felt like doing more than just this. I made up to that feeling by playing some Just Dance.

I do think my body has already gotten much stronger in the last months because I did the TEN workout continuously without any breaks and the arms of steel workout felt almost too easy. But then again, another reason to not do too much at once is because I am very accident prone and my joints can randomly decide something was too much and hurt for a while.

Oh and the best thing of all, I almost forgot to write this even tho I can feel it every time I do anything with my foot or toes. During one of my breaks in between sets, I walked around a bit in my room and stubbed my little toe really hard on my bed. Now it's all painful with a double blood blister right on the tip of that toe. So yeah talking about accident prone, here I am, on my first day of doing a fitness program. :giveup:

It took me too long to write my introduction and then this post so good night! This one goes to bed now.

Vliegendegieter

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!! @Mamatigerj @Fremen @Tileenah @aku-chan @Anek and @Martin :happy:

Friday 25 August

Exercise of the day: 60 seconds bear plank hold
Epic Arms Challenge - day 20
TEN - day 2
Arms of Steel chair edition - day 2

I had the idea to try to get my workout done as early as possible instead of doing them pretty late in the evening when I should be getting ready for bed. Yesterday I managed to do them in the afternoon. For today I wanted to have them done before lunch. This did not happen because I got woken up earlier than expected by loud thunder outside and heavy rain. At some point I heard a really loud bang, apparently a house in my village got struck by lightning but luckily the damage wasn't too big apart from the roof of that house. Because of the thunder I just got up to eat breakfast but afterwards I was just too tired to do anything so none of my plans happened before lunch. Typical for me but at least I did it in the afternoon. Let's try again tomorrow haha.

Today I felt like trying the daily exercise and knowing myself very well, I did it first before everything else and I really liked it, it was a bit of a challenge but I managed to hold on. On top of that, I think it already made me a bit tired which made the rest much harder. TEN had a leg day today and I could just feel my legs burning, they were literally screaming for help and I just ignored them. I haven't been this sweaty in a while so I knew it hit me good. Then when I did the arms stuff, I walked around a bit at the same time to make my poor legs feel better because they felt like they were already becoming sore.

So then afterwards I took extra care into stretching my legs so that I won't be so sore tomorrow and just for the fun of it while I tried stretching some more in the hopes I could do the splits some day. I am so close, I literally cannot believe it. My body has always been relatively flexible but never really pushed it much until this summer. Since July or so, every now and then whenever I remember, I try to stretch a bit so that one day I'll get there and I feel like I am getting closer. (To be honest there's so many things I wanna reach, please take it with a big piece of salt because I might just forget about this in a few weeks.)

And uh yeah going downstairs after my workout wasn't very fun. My legs felt a little bit floppy almost as if I went for a run or something but oh well, nothing that I can't take hahaha.