Exercise after C-section, any advice?

Jet

from Arima, Trinidad and Tobago 🇹🇹
"the only constant is Change"
Hi Everyone..I'm new to this new forum. Just started Foundation Light, Baseline and the Squareone Programs simultaneously. I'm post-partum 5 months abd I had a c-section, so I've gained alot of weight in a short period of time. I usually average 160lb, but now im 215lb, with the bulk of it in my back, arms and midsection, the love-handles not to mention the fuppa extreme...lol. Anyway, I started light because I was told by my doctor not to do any extreme exercises to run the risk of internal injuries. So my question is what advice do you guys have regarding workouts or programs that I can do, to loose this fat but also strengthen my core. I am starting my fitness journey from scratch, and would love to share it with you.

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Do one program only at a time, the programs have been structured to be done alone to give maximum results, by overlapping multiple programs you risk not recovering properly or finding yourself with exercises that are inconsistent with each other.
Start slowly and even if it's really slow it's better than risking getting hurt.
Then you always have time to add a challenge to increase your training.
And welcome :)

Shaarawi

Hunter from Alexandria, Egypt
Welcome to Darebee.

As you stated your goal to lose fat and strengthen your core.

You need to look for cardio programs with subtitle "High burn & streamline" and add-on programs with title core or abs
Do not forget to start filter by difficulty 1 and so on.

For example you can start with Baseline program and "Back And Core" program.

Note add-on programs are designed in away will not affect other programs you are doing

Hope this help!

Jet

Welcome to Darebee.

As you stated your goal to lose fat and strengthen your core.

You need to look for cardio programs with subtitle "High burn & streamline" and add-on programs with title core or abs
Do not forget to start filter by difficulty 1 and so on.

For example you can start with Baseline program and "Back And Core" program.

Note add-on programs are designed in away will not affect other programs you are doing

Hope this help!
It does a lot because I realized what @Fremen said was right. If I do too many at once the type of training gets conflicting

Jet

Do one program only at a time, the programs have been structured to be done alone to give maximum results, by overlapping multiple programs you risk not recovering properly or finding yourself with exercises that are inconsistent with each other.
Start slowly and even if it's really slow it's better than risking getting hurt.
Then you always have time to add a challenge to increase your training.
And welcome :)
Thank you. While on day four of each...I realized they were inconsistent with each other.

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
Welcome to the Hive, @Jet !

I agree with other's suggestions to do only one program at a time, especially when you are just starting out. Any of the ones you have chosen would be great to begin with.

All of the programs do contain core work in them. So you'll be getting some of that, regardless of which one you choose. If you have the time and feel that you can do more, you can add in a Challenge as well. There are a lot that are specifically focused on core abdominal work. However, some of those challenges include exercises which are pretty intense and may be beyond what your core is ready for just yet. If in doubt, I would suggest looking through them, printing off a couple that appeal to you, and taking them to your doctor to ask if the exercises they include are suitable for you at this point in time.

There are also a few Challenges that only require you to walk. Walking is an excellent exercise to help you get back into shape, be more active in general, and consequently burn more calories, which will help with your weight loss goals. If this is something that interests you, see here, here, and here and choose the one that best fits with your energy level and available time.

Good luck with your journey!