Exercise and useful websites

BlueShinobi

Good morning/midday/afternoon

I’m fairly new here on this website and have recently decided to get into shape now that I have sorted work/life balance. I have been going gym consistently after university, and while fun I feel that there are probably things I should be doing daily and I don’t really have a fully flushed out plan except for using all the machines and progressing through their weights during my workout.

If anyone has been in a similar situation - how did you get more focused and is there any advice you would give?

Also I was wondering if anyone knew of any good websites kind of like Darebee that is just a good resource to have on hand to give you the right information and filters nonsense - any for fitness or health in general (mental health, nutrition, etc) any would be greatly appreciated.

I have found this if it is a benefit to anyone: https://musclewiki.com/

I hope everyone reaches their goals in this new year and that the year is product.

Kind regards
BlueShinobi

Mamatigerj

from COSprings/CentralTX
Pronouns: she/her
Also I was wondering if anyone knew of any good websites kind of like Darebee that is just a good resource to have on hand to give you the right information and filters nonsense - any for fitness or health in general (mental health, nutrition, etc)
I honestly do not know of any websites that can compare to DareBee in these areas. ;)

Also, Welcome! I wish you all the best in your endeavors!
Keeping a log here has been very beneficial to me.

BlueShinobi

Thank you for the MuscleWiki website! It's also a gem!

My go-to book is The Men's Health Big Book of Exercises, that's full of big men with big muscles. It's basically a very detailed catalogue of exercices by muscle group, with a bunch of tips on miscellaneous subjects.
Ooh thanks for the recommendation, I should maybe have included books in the thread because I'm sure there are some great ones. I'm gonna check this book out - it looks pretty interesting, Thanks!

Furrymama

from Ohio USA

I’m fairly new here on this website and have recently decided to get into shape now that I have sorted work/life balance. I have been going gym consistently after university, and while fun I feel that there are probably things I should be doing daily and I don’t really have a fully flushed out plan except for using all the machines and progressing through their weights during my workout.

If anyone has been in a similar situation - how did you get more focused and is there any advice you would give?

Also I was wondering if anyone knew of any good websites kind of like Darebee that is just a good resource to have on hand to give you the right information and filters nonsense - any for fitness or health in general (mental health, nutrition, etc) any would be greatly appreciated.

I hope everyone reaches their goals in this new year and that the year is product.

Kind regards
BlueShinobi
Another website/app that I use is Fiton, https://fitonapp.com/. I can only access the website on a computer, not my phone. But the phone app (Android) is really wonderful. You can pay for the Pro yearly, if you want the meal plan and to download videos offline, etc. But the exercise videos themselves are free.

Last edited:

Lily

Heroine from Brazil

Kind regards
BlueShinobi
I wish you good luck in your new challenge