Fitness & Exercise Paradigm-shifting TRUTH bombs

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"
I'm creating this thread to encourage others to share any bits of wisdom they've encountered (or discovered themselves!) that has helped them along their fitness journey. Quite often I find that I become the obstacle on my own journey due to an unhealthy attitude, a fixed way of thinking, etc. Fresh perspectives on physical activity, from staff like @Damer , have consistently helped loosen the log jam in my head, and returned a sense of lightness and renewed enthusiasm. So I'm interested in any sage wisdom other fitness adventurers would like to share.

Here are a few quotes from YouTuber K Boges whose short, insightful videos I've frequently felt compelled to transcribe:

...in my opinion, training is one of the most important things we can do - and I'm not exaggerating when I say that...

So - you have a goal? Ok, start small, work within your capacity, putting in consistent effort even if progress is too small to see, don't stop when things get difficult, and eventually your effort will create a reality that otherwise would've never existed. Training is one of the most accessible ways to learn this lesson - and those that learn this lesson develop confidence and faith in their ability to overcome obstacles, push through difficult times, and achieve their goals.

And perhaps, more important than that, this sets an example for others. And when you're someone that's dedicated to self-development, self-discipline, you inspire others around you to become better versions of themselves. And that is one of the greatest gifts you can offer someone, especially younger people.

Sometimes you have to be honest with yourself about your lack of effort and discipline - but, if you have those things squared away, and you're still stuck, sometimes more effort isn't the answer. Sometimes, you don't need a stronger breeze, you just need to place your sail in the right position. And when you line those things up you get effortless progress toward your destination.

A little bit of training applied daily can make an enormous difference, just like how a gentle breeze on the side of a ship can completely change it's course over time. So, think of your training as the gentle breeze - a little bit, applied consistently, to completely change the course of your life.