How do I increase my metabolism rate

Tim999

Are there any particular exercises/workouts that could help. I want to lose weight but I'm mostly busy and only have time to workout at night, which unfortunately I have almost no motivation for. I'm thinking maybe increase metabolism rate is different and would require less exercises which would save time but I don't know. If it is, what exercises could help?

Hello and welcome!
You want to lose weight so you need to have a calories deficit, say 15%
So being active and eating less that you burn is more important than exercise
Also I thing you can find 10’ per day to exercise and it will help you to increase your metabolism building muscles mass

Andi64

from Margareten
Welcome to the Hive @Tim999
As @avatar mentioned before, you loose weight in the kitchen and get fit in the gym. The caloric deficency makes you loose weight. The excercise builds muscle, that helps using up calories, but very slowly, because it takes time to build said muscle. HIIT is very efficient, but for beginners not really recommended. It'll just make you sore and frustrated. Try to incorporate working-out into your daily/weekly schedule. Before breakfast, before going to bed... Start slow and try to find a sustainable rythm.
This here very informative site gives you a lot of pointers, either in the Guides Section or here in the community. There are all kinds of excercises for all ways of life. Or look the programs. But you have to put in the work. There are no magic bullets.
Sorry.

Last edited:

Shaarawi

Hunter from Alexandria, Egypt
Welcome to Darebee.

As you stated your goal to lose fat and strengthen your core.

You need to look for cardio programs with subtitle "High burn & streamline" and add-on programs with title core or abs
Do not forget to start filter by difficulty 1 and so on.

For example you can start with Baseline program and "Back And Core" program.

Note add-on programs are designed in away will not affect other programs you are doing

Hope this help!

Back