How long to strength weak upper back.

sabrek

Hello friends,

I was diagnosed by my physical therapist that I have weak upper back muscles caused by my sedentary lifestyle and sitting too long on PC.

I just started with him a program to strengthen these muscles starting slowly with 2.5 kg dumbells and future plan to increase it to 5 kg dumbells.

My question is how long does back and upper back muscles specially takes to get back it's normal level?

Thx for reading I will appreciate your answers

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
It depends on many variables, your age for example, the younger you are the quicker your body reacts, how much you train, if you do it every day it's different than doing it twice a week.
Once you have a good training plan, stick to it and the results will come ;)

sabrek

I'm 40. Training every other day 1 day train 1 day rest etc. I only ment what's on average is for muscles to regain their strength and conditioning not bulking and increasing muscle <3

GentleOx

Warrior from Hong Kong
"So sleepy!"
I presume that this is your first time working with weights. For me, it took about a month to show results from when I first started doing pulling movements. Beginners tend to get results fast!

In some ways, your physical therapist will have a more solid answer: are they interested in having you do a certain motion, like the deadlift or pull-up? Or are they interested in passing a certain threshold or target in weight lifting? You've mentioned that it's not about building muscle, though if you're doing your exercises properly, that will be a by-effect.

sabrek

I presume that this is your first time working with weights. For me, it took about a month to show results from when I first started doing pulling movements. Beginners tend to get results fast!

In some ways, your physical therapist will have a more solid answer: are they interested in having you do a certain motion, like the deadlift or pull-up? Or are they interested in passing a certain threshold or target in weight lifting? You've mentioned that it's not about building muscle, though if you're doing your exercises properly, that will be a by-effect.
Thx alot for ur time my friend <3
It's basically that my upper back muscles became weak because of my playing on my computer all day which resulted in me getting alot of muscle tension and strains because of my gradual muscle strength loss. So I was wondering how long muscle strength can be regained if u exercise every other day using now 2.5 kg dumbells upper back exercises.