New and Trying to find my feet

MamaBear

from Arkansas
"Sometimes the why is more important than the action."
Hello Everyone,

I am new here and happened upon this site by searching fitness and workouts. I was not raised in a family of fitness. I have not lived that way either. I was a floor nurse at a hospital and worked 12 hour shifts. I started a new job in August that has me sitting at a desk for most of the 8 hours. I can't say I was really physically fit before this job but I can feel it. I feel stressed and anxious at the end of the day with a lot of pent up energy, but tired too if that makes sense. I have looked through the workouts several times but I am so overwhelmed with all the options. How do I know what to pick??? I want to lose about 40 pounds total.... But maybe that is not true either. I have never been so concerned about the number on the scale. I have been more concerned about being active and doing what I like to do. When I can't I know its time to cut back and do things differently. I do want to tone my muscles, and lose some weight but where do I start. I haven't ever been to a gym or had a personal trainer. I can't really afford that either. I would like to recruit my husband into this as well. We both need to get healthier. We have six kids and some of them are active with running/ walking. I want to be a good example for my whole house on getting healthy and being active for a lifetime. Any advice or guidance would be appreciated. I also want accountability.... Being the only one focused on this, I know it will be hard to stay committed.

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Here is a quick explanation of how Darebee works: Get Started
If you don't know where to start, start with Foundation or Foundation Light they are the two basic programs to start from, they teach everything you need to then continue.
It is better to start with a 30-day program because it is already a well-structured and progressive workout, you can even not train every day and still follow a program because in this way you don't have to think about anything but only train on the days that you can or you want.
And welcome :)

Shaarawi

Hunter from Alexandria, Egypt
Welcome to Darebee.

As you stated your goal to lose fat and strengthen your core.

You need to look for cardio programs with subtitle "High burn & streamline" and add-on programs with title core or abs
Do not forget to start filter by difficulty 1 and so on.

For example you can start with Baseline program and "Back And Core" program.

Note add-on programs are designed in away will not affect other programs you are doing

Hope this help!