Seated eagle pose

Solution
Is it just me?
Nope. It's not just you. Lots of people cannot hook their foot in Eagle Pose.

The ability to hook the foot like that is dependent upon hip, knee, and ankle mobility, not to mention the size of one's thighs.

It does not matter if you cannot hook your foot. You will still get benefit from doing the pose. Concentrate on crossing your legs as far as you can while trying to keep your hips and shoulders square (facing forward). Use the strength of your lower body muscles to move your legs into the best extent of the pose you can. Do not use your hands to try to force your legs into position. (The hook--or as near to it as you can get--comes from internally rotating the thigh of the top leg. Manually forcing it...

broli

Ninja Posts: 125
I found some images:

The latter is not seated.

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
Is it just me?
Nope. It's not just you. Lots of people cannot hook their foot in Eagle Pose.

The ability to hook the foot like that is dependent upon hip, knee, and ankle mobility, not to mention the size of one's thighs.

It does not matter if you cannot hook your foot. You will still get benefit from doing the pose. Concentrate on crossing your legs as far as you can while trying to keep your hips and shoulders square (facing forward). Use the strength of your lower body muscles to move your legs into the best extent of the pose you can. Do not use your hands to try to force your legs into position. (The hook--or as near to it as you can get--comes from internally rotating the thigh of the top leg. Manually forcing it can put too much lateral pressure on your knee joint--which isn't designed to take much force in that direction.)

Solution