Staying Strong!

EnbyFitness

Boxer Pronouns: they/them
"doing grad school and getting buff"
New check-in thread. Hello again, everyone :] Daily check-ins were not for me, so I'm going to start over and make this more of an occasional thing... maybe every month or so, maybe more often than that. Who knows?

Anyhow, I finished the Epic Arms challenge three days ago!! I hadn't finished a full, well, *anything* from Darebee yet, so I'm super proud of myself! Seriously, I printed it out, dated it, and plan to put it on my wall soon. People are also telling me that my arms look more defined, which has been a point of pride for me. I feel a lot stronger, for sure! :yas: I'm also about to finish the Zero Hero program in about two days...!! After that, I'm going to do 30 Days of Change!! Wish me luck, all!

I started doing Warrior Abs, but my feet won't stay on the floor during my sit-ups. By that, I mean my legs go waaaay up in the air in order for me to lift myself up. After doing some googling, I decided that I'm basically fine with that, and I hope that my feet get a little more stationary throughout the month, but as long as my abs are getting some exercise, it's okay with me. I chose to do the Path of the Hammer after my sit-up days. Stronger abs, here I come!

In other fitness news, I got myself a fitness watch: the Xiaomi Mi Band 8. I've had it for a month and I like it so far. I'm trying to reach my active calorie goal by doing some chores throughout the day, something I'm notoriously terrible at. The watch has basically shown me that I don't move all that much during the day, and given that my internship involves sitting down and taking calls, my school is 100% online, and my job involves editing my friend's novel... well, it's not that surprising, but I'm trying to change it. I got a yoga dice to stand up between calls, so that's been nice. The watch also reminds me to stand up, which I needed more than I realized.

In food adventures, I made two things from Darebeets: Chickpea Chocolate Chip cookies and Banana Chocolate cookies. The chickpea cookies were... alright. The texture was pretty weird, but I think that might be because I used a blender and not a food processor. I made the banana chocolate cookies today and they were pretty good; very fudgy and a little bitter, but not too bad. I think next time I'd cut back on the cocoa powder and wait until the bananas are even riper.

In grad school adventures? I'm almost halfway done with school!! Then I'll go be a social worker!! :dance:Once I graduate and get some money coming in, my partner can go back to school, too, while I take care of him for a little while. And somewhere along the way, we will get married. I love him so much... anyhow, I still don't know what my internship will be for next year. They're having a hard time finding me one, given that I don't have a car in a car-centric city, and that I'm transgender and have safety concerns, but... we'll see where I end up. I do hope to leave the suicide hotline. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I did it and got the skills and I'm happy to connect with people, but it's a lot of emotional labor and I'd like to do something besides crisis work... it's intensive, to say the least.

Anyhow, I have an midterm for Research Methods I should be studying for, and a few discussion posts for my Intersectional Justice class to write... but watching some TV before reading a book in bed is too tempting to resist, so I'll work on that tomorrow. I hope everyone is having a good day. Stay strong, DareBees!! Bye for now!! :love: