there is no progress with some muscles, what should I do?

Omnius

Hello,

I've been focusing on the PPL program over the past few months because I've gotten the impression that I had particular difficulty with my arm muscles and want to improve on that, and was looking forward to reprioritizing my workout content after that.
I have now noticed that I have particular difficulty with certain exercises. I started the PPL program with a small load of 4 kg, and I went through this program several times, and increased the load, now I work with almost 8 kg dumbbells and I can do most of the exercises with such a load, but this progress seems to not exist for lateral raises , bent over lateral raises, side lunges, tricep extensions and overhead tricep extensions. Other muscle groups can handle more weight every month, but with these, nothing seems to change. They cannot lift much weight at all.

Now I use 3 kg dumbbells for the listed exercises, and proportionally increase the number of reps.

For example, when my dumbbells for other exercises were 7 kg each, I did all the exercises with dumbbells except those listed, with 7 kg.
And for the exercises listed, I divided the number of reps indicated in the program by 3 and multiplied by 7, and did this with 3 kg dumbbells. And even so, I still do not see the result.

Do you have any advice for these problematic muscle groups?

Thanks.

Solution
It's not a problem with the muscles, just those muscles are less strong than the others and you have to increase the weights much more slowly :)
One of the things that amused me when I first went to the gym was seeing others lift impressive weights for the easier exercises and then lift my own weights for the difficult ones (e.g. lateral raises) :LOL:
As long as you can even slightly increase the weights or reps then your muscles are getting stronger but still some muscles will never be as strong as others, you will never do lateral raises with the same weight as biceps curls ;)

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
It's not a problem with the muscles, just those muscles are less strong than the others and you have to increase the weights much more slowly :)
One of the things that amused me when I first went to the gym was seeing others lift impressive weights for the easier exercises and then lift my own weights for the difficult ones (e.g. lateral raises) :LOL:
As long as you can even slightly increase the weights or reps then your muscles are getting stronger but still some muscles will never be as strong as others, you will never do lateral raises with the same weight as biceps curls ;)

Solution