Xyneth's Log

Xyneth

Priestess Posts: 5
Hi everyone!

I just had a carpal tunnel release surgery around two months ago on my left wrist, but it still hurts (not sure if the surgery failed or something else). One of the doctors said I needed to lose some weight, so here I am!

I'll log my exercises here, and probably stop for a few of weeks in mid-February after my second surgery on the right wrist (or more if the surgeon needs to revise my left wrist surgery), but I'll try my best to keep exercising. I'll also heavily modify a lot of movements accordingly (e.g., push-up to elbow push-up), let's see how it goes. Even though I'm still frustrated because of the neverending pain of carpal tunnel syndrome, this time I'm not going to let it stop me do things I want to do :D

Progress and notes:
Jan 16 and 17: Finished the exercise of the day and workout of the day. Heavily modified the burpees: no jumping, using elbow instead of hands. The position of the palms for the workout of the day should be neutral otherwise the pain attacks again.

Xyneth

Thank you for the warm welcome!!

My progress so far:
Jan 18: forgot to exercise LOL I really need to make this into a habit
Jan 19: exercise of the day and workout of the day (with extra)
Jan 20: rest day
Jan 21: exercise of the day and workout of the day (skipping the moves that require me to bend my wrists)

Xyneth

@MadamMeow Thank you! I hope so too :D

Progress:
Jan 22: did the exercise of the day and workout of the day. I enjoyed these core exercises, it reminds me of my love of Pilates workouts that I need to pause for a while.
Jan 23: did the exercise of the day and workout of the day (modified the push-ups to elbow push-ups on knees). Glad that I can still do push-ups - no wrists no problem!
Jan 24: did the exercise of the day and workout of the day (extra). Loved this one after sitting all day long!

I saw my surgeon and also the physical and rehabilitation doctor a few days ago, and they told me to keep doing the physiotherapy, do the tendon gliding stretches, change my B12 vitamin into its coenzyme version, and eat better to reduce fluid retention (i.e., low salt, low sugar) that might cause compression in my wrists. I followed their advice religiously, and I must say that I'm feeling less tingling and pain now!

In terms of eating, I experimented with my breakfast by adding flaxseeds and matcha powder into my oats, it turned out delicious but I think I put too much flaxseeds on it LOL I'll try again tomorrow.

Xyneth

Hello! @Mamatigerj @F@tBaDgEr @Froud :D

Updates:
I ended up undergoing a revision surgery for my left wrist instead of the scheduled right wrist surgery because my left wrist was still in terrible pain (can't even imagine if I had both wrists in severe pain lol). The result was still not as my surgeon had hoped, so he asked me to do further diagnostic tests last month. Yup, I still feel pain in my left wrist (though it's less tingling now), and the surgery for the right one will be postponed until the left one is completely investigated and healed.

Now two months after surgery, I'm recovering quite well, and resuming my workout plan. I still feel pain when I do plank and pushups, so I'm modifying those types of exercises.

I started with 'Exercise of the Day' and 'Workout of the Day', and tried the FitOn app. Today I did an upper arm and abs workout for a total of 26 minutes in total. Yay! It feels good to move my body again, my muscles are so stiff and weak LOL

Next, I aim to do light to moderate exercise 5 times a week, around 10-30 minutes daily.
Thank you for the support! It feels so great to have a place to stay accountable for my exercises :happy: