Back on wagon

Jilius

from Austin, Tx
"New - starting Hero’s Journey"
39 year old sedentary male with severe depression and adhd. I’ve known about Darebee for years and never really committed—I’m unsure if it is due to the disabilities above, or if I just blamed them. Starting with Hero’s Journey in hopes that exercise will help with the disabilities, motivation, and self-confidence. Also, I want to like what I see when I take my shirt off.

Starting stats

Weight 206.4 lbs / 93.62 Kg
Difficulty LVL One

Experience

Started strong with side leg raises, doing the full 60.

Squats elevated my heart rate, so only 30 were done. I felt a burning at rep 23, and it became more difficult to maintain form at rep 27.

Rest for about a minute. Used the time to look up toe tap hops.

Toe tap hops also raised my high heart, so I only did 30. I got a little out of breath, but didn’t find it difficult to breathe. Despite watching the video, this exercise was difficult to get right, but was easy once a rhythm was found. If you fall out of the rhythm, it’s hard to get back into it.

Rest for a couple minutes to put my dog in her room— we all know how dogs are when we get on the ground to do a work out lolz- also, gave my heart rate a chance to go down before starting climbers.

I only did 30 of the climbers, but I didn’t do the slow version. High heart rate again.

I typed all of the above after I finished climbers. Getting back at it to finish the left overs.

I did 30 squats to complete the 60. Legs burned again around rep 23, and the fatigue hit a little earlier at rep 26.

Rested to add some detail to the first part of the experience, and to type this part. Going on to toe tap hops now… 😬

I did the remaining 30 toe taps. My heart rate got up again, but not as much as after the first set of climbers. Taking a couple of minutes to type this and to let heart rate go down.

Did the last 30 reps of the climbers. Day one is done.

Edit: 30 minutes later, I was preparing to bathe my dog, but felt foggy headed, a bit tired, and some very light nausea. Tomorrow, I’ll be starting the Foundation light program.

Last edited: