Lexi's Fitness Journey - A New Beginning

LexiLionhearts

Thief from Australia
Pronouns: She/Her
Hi y'all, Lexi here! Been a Darebee lurker for quite some time, and after realising my weight has been steadily going up, and now hitting an all-time high (113.6kg) - along with living a very sedentary lifestyle (working an office job in IT + spending most of my spare time playing video games) I figured it was about time I take back my life, and commit to finally getting some movement and exercise back in my life, and using this thread to keep myself held accountable and continue to do so past 3-4 days like I'd tried previously.

I saw that the Foundation Program has been reworked as part of the 2024 Programs Update thread, so I'll be using that as my place to start, and see how I progress from there! I'll be starting it shortly, and reporting back with how I go with it.

LexiLionhearts

Thief from Australia
24/09/2024 - Day 5 - 111.9kg

Foundation Day 5 - Level 1 (3 sets)

Unfortunately missed yesterday due to feeling pretty ill after my work shift, but since I took today off to recover and make sure I'm good for the rest of the work week, I busted today's out to keep my momentum going! ^.^
Definitely gotta work on more Cardio stuff in the future, this one had me pretty short of breath by the end of it.

LexiLionhearts

Thief from Australia
25/09/2024 - Day 6 - 111.5kg

Foundation Day 6 - Level 2 (4 sets)

Went into this one with low expectations - I thought just the level 1 was gonna push it for me, but I managed to break through and get the 4 sets for level 2!
I can tell I'm gonna feel this one in the morning though, hoo boy!

I'm a fifth of the way through this one now though! Keen to push through and see it all the way until the end!

Last edited:

LexiLionhearts

Thief from Australia
26/09/2024 - Day 7 - 111.7kg

Foundation Day 7 - Level 3 (7 sets)

I was initially planning to only push for Level 2 on this one.
But I felt the good vibes and adrenaline kicking in (probably helped by my workout music) and I blasted out the full 7 sets for Level 3.

I'm a big ol' sweaty mess now, but damn I feel good after pushing that!

LexiLionhearts

Thief from Australia
Hello all! I missed a couple of days again due to some IRL commitments that took up all my time, so I wasn't able to commit to anymore Foundation days, but I'll be getting back into it tonight after work!
Alongside Foundation, I'm gonna add on the 1,000 Squats challenge!

Thinking a little bit ahead, I'm not sure what I'm gonna tackle once I finish Foundation, there's a couple of programs I was looking at trying, but I'm not sure when/if they'll be modified as part of the 2024 Programs Update thread, so I may just pick up one of the pre-made Training Plans and run with that for a bit and see how things go :3

LexiLionhearts

Thief from Australia
30/09/2024 - Day 9 - 111.3kg

Foundation Day 9 - Level 1 (3 sets)
1,000 Squat Challenge Day 1 - 30 Squats

Went into Day 9 of Foundation hoping to at least get a Level 2 out, but Level 1 took me out, probably doesn't help I did a fair bit of walking to get home from work as well, so I guess that's extra cardio on top of that :3
Did Day 1 of the 1,000 Squats Challenge as well (all in one set too hehe)! Legs feeling pretty good so far, looking forward to seeing how the rest of this challenge makes me feel!

Last edited:

LexiLionhearts

Thief from Australia
01/10/2024 - Day 10 - 112.1kg

Foundation Day 10 - Level 2 (5 sets)
1,000 Squat Challenge Day 2 - 20 Second Squat Hold

I did not foresee that Day 10 of Foundation would have more Squats, but I still did both today!
Legs feeling pretty good so far, though I think I'm gonna be sore tomorrow morning for sure hehe

LexiLionhearts

Thief from Australia
02/10/2024 - Day 11 - 111.8kg

Foundation Day 11 - Level 3 (7 sets)
1,000 Squat Challenge Day 3 - 35 Squats

Normally the Foundation's Cardio days wipe me out and I barely make level 1 or 2, but I managed to push for level 3 today! Definitely sweating up a storm now though
Starting to approach the Squat Challenge by splitting my days' worth of Squats into 3 sets, so for today I did 10, 10, and 15, with a 30 second rest between them!

LexiLionhearts

Thief from Australia
03/10/2024 - Day 12 - 110.7kg

Foundation Day 12 - Level 3 (5 sets)
1,000 Squat Challenge Day 4 - 25 Second Squat Hold

Came down with illness pretty hard towards the end of my workshift yesterday, so I'm glad today's workout was lowkey enough that I could still get it in, despite that!
Hoping I bounce back from whatever this is that I've caught so I can comfortably smash out the Ab day in Foundation tomorrow!

LexiLionhearts

Thief from Australia
06/10/2024 - Day 13 - 111.0kg

Foundation Day 13 - Level 1 (3 sets)
1,000 Squat Challenge Day 5 - 40 Squats

Oof, I didn't realise just how many days I've missed because of the illness I caught knocking me around.
Starting to bounce back from it though, so got back into the swing of it today! My abs definitely aren't super great, so only managed the level 1 before I started really feeling it.

Last edited:

LexiLionhearts

Thief from Australia
07/10/2024 - Day 14 - 111.0kg

Foundation Day 14 - Level 3 (7 sets)
1,000 Squat Challenge Day 6 - 30 Second Squat Hold

Surprised myself by getting the full Level 3 out of the Cardio day from foundation today, but surprised myself even further by finding that I didn't break a sweat from it somehow.
Thinking once I get myself through Foundation, I might throw myself into some 3/5 difficulty cardio workouts and see how I go with them.

LexiLionhearts

Thief from Australia
08/10/2024 - Day 15 - 110.8kg

Foundation Day 15 - Level 2 (5 sets)
1,000 Squat Challenge Day 7 - 45 Squats

I decided to go a bit extra today - I recently ordered some 1kg wrist/ankle weights tp up the ante a little bit since some of these days were starting to feel a little easy for me, so I had them all on for today's training (4kg total), and WHOO I felt the difference, both during the training, and after taking them off.
I think I could've managed the Level 3 on today's Foundation workout if I didn't have the weights on, so it's good that the weights are adding a bit of an extra challenge for me :3

LexiLionhearts

Thief from Australia
09/10/2024 - Day 16 - 110.9kg

Foundation Day 16 - Level 1 (3 sets)
1,000 Squat Challenge Day 8 - 35 Second Squat Hold

The Tendon days in Foundation keep catching me off guard, I once again expected Level 3 for today to be a breeze, but I barely managed Level 1 before REALLY feeling it in my arms.
Also I only just realised that I'm halfway through the program now - I'm proud of myself for keeping up with it this far! ^.^

LexiLionhearts

Thief from Australia
11/10/2024 - Day 18 - 110.3kg

Foundation Day 18 - Level 2 (5 sets)
1,000 Squat Challenge Day 10 - 40 Second Squat Hold

Only popped the wrist weights on for today's Foundation training, since it looked like there was no ankle movement for the ankle weights to be worth putting on.
Already felt some jelly in my legs from the Squat Challenge, but now there's some jelly in my arms from today - really wanted to push the Level 3, but felt my arms giving out by Level 2, so called it there.
3/5ths of the way through Foundation now too! Eager to get through these next 12 days as hard as I can!

LexiLionhearts

Thief from Australia
12/10/2024 - Day 19 - 110.4kg

Foundation Day 19 - Level 2 (5 sets)
1,000 Squat Challenge Day 11 - 55 Squats

I knew as soon as I hit 2 sets for Foundation that I wasn't hitting Level 3 today, happy with hitting Level 2 on this cardio day though, especially with all the wrist/ankle weights on too!
Also damn I'm starting to really feel the results of the Squat Challenge, my legs felt like super jelly already, but these squats today definitely added to that feeling.

LexiLionhearts

Thief from Australia
14/10/2024 - Day 21 - 112.1kg

Foundation Day 21 - Level 3 (7 sets)
1,000 Squat Challenge Day 13 - 60 Squats
Close Contact Express workout - 1 set

Don't mind the sudden jump in weight, I weighed myself at a different time than usual, and I think that messed with it.
But heck I am PROUD of myself for the effort I put in today, and all while wearing my ankle/wrist weights too!

I snuck in the 1 set of Close Contact Express because I felt like I wasn't pushing myself enough with today's cardio. Sure I was sweating, but it didn't feel like I was pushing any limits, but damn I felt it after even just that 1 set after all the cardio.

Last edited:

LexiLionhearts

Thief from Australia
15/10/2024 - Day 22 - 110.9kg

Foundation Day 22 - Level 2 (4 sets)
1,000 Squat Challenge Day 14 - 50 Second Squat Hold

One day my abs will be able to handle a Level 3 for one of these days, but today is not that day.
I'm so close to having Foundation done though, I can taste the sweet victory already!

LexiLionhearts

Thief from Australia
Had a fair bit going on so I missed a couple of days but I'm back at it again!

18/10/2024 - Day 23

Foundation Day 23 (Strength) - Level 1 (3 sets)
1,000 Squat Challenge Day 15 - 65 Squats (Split as 20 20 25)

I can taste the end of Foundation in sight. And I've got my Training Plan ready for once it's done too!
I'm gonna be running through the Assassin training plan listed on the Training Plans page - While my weight has been slowly and steadily going down from doing Foundation, I definitely feel like I wanna put more focus there until I get closer to my end goal weight, and by then I'll probably switch to a Training Plan more suited for general fitness to get a mix of Cardio and Strength in there.

LexiLionhearts

Thief from Australia
Wasn't feeling too hot yesterday (or today) so trying to steadily make up for lost time.

21/10/2024 - Day 25

Foundation Day 25 (Cardio) - Level 1 (3 sets)
1,000 Squat Challenge Day 17 - 70 Squats (Split as 20 25 25)

I'm surprised the Cardio from today's Foundation has me sweating as much as I am, but I didn't wanna push myself too much further on account of not feeling too hot - Might make up for this later with some march steps while I watch YouTube.

LexiLionhearts

Thief from Australia
Finally getting myself back in the rhythm of doing these first thing in the morning, especially while I have this week off of work.

22/10/2024 - Day 26

Foundation Day 26 (Strength) - Level 2 (5 sets)
1,000 Squat Challenge Day 18 - 60 second squat hold

4 days remaining, I've got this!
That Squat Hold in the Squat Challenge today got my legs feeling a certain kind of way though, definitely won't be moving much today now xD

LexiLionhearts

Thief from Australia
23/10/2024 - Day 27 - Part 1

March Steps while watching a YouTube video - 17 minutes

Trying to add on a lil more to my daily exercise by slotting in these March Steps while watching YouTube, was aiming for 30 minutes but my legs started feeling it VERY early in, so that 17 minutes was where I tapped out.
I'll be doing Day 27 for Foundation later today along with Day 19 for the Squat Challenge!

EDIT: I've just done the following now as well - Will do Foundation Day 27 to come later!
1,000 Squat Challenge Day 19 - 75 Squats (Split as 25 25 25)

Last edited:
Back