Consistency is the New Extreme

Yrsa

from Minnesota, USA
Hello - I am new here but I feel I have found this place at just the right time in my life. I am turning 50 this month and I have spent my entire adult life "trying to lose weight." When I hit a weight level I don't like, my ego yells at me to do something extreme to lose it. So, I do. But then I gain it all back (and then some) again. Over and over. I have done it all - I won't start naming things, just know I have done it all. I don't feel it's all been a waste, in fact, I have learned so much from each challenge, each attempt. I am grateful for the journey.

Here's the thing, though - I am seriously ready now to transform. To RELEASE this extra 100 pounds (yes, 100) that I have been carrying around. And it starts now. I have been working up to this for awhile. And have been making small changes already. I am simply building on to them. I lost 30 pounds last winter and have managed to KEEP IT OFF for the first time in my life since then (April 2023). Now I am ready to keep going. With winter knocking on our doors in my neck of the woods, I feel the weight wanting to creep back on, and that is definitely not something I will allow. I am ready to do something more to see a little bit more success so I can lose 100 pounds - something I have never dared to dream I could do before, but I am feeling it now.

I have utilized flex hours at work to make it so I can leave at 4pm. So when I get home at 4:15 that is my WORKOUT time. Period. End of discussion. I was going to follow an old upper/lower/hiit workout I had done for years (on and off) but decided today to commit to the Xpress Tone program here at Darebee. It looks right up my alley and I am actually EXCITED to get home and start it. (I wasn't feeling excitement for my old workout...lol.. but was still ready to do it). I am beyond thankful for finding this place right when I need it to breathe new life into my health goals!

My morning routine is important as well, though it's not about exercise. Morning routine is Wake, water, stretch, affirmation/gratitude/intentions/ hot sauna followed by cold shower. As long as I do those things, the rest of the day flows in a healthier manner. Afternoon routine is now Workout.
Some other healthy changes I have made are adding more fiber to my diet -- I have stocked up at work with healthy options. I find this is helping tremendously.
The rest will come as I progress. I still drink occasionally and eat out with my husband (we do try to share meals, though, which helps with portion sizes). I am not counting cals, macros or anything at this point. I will share my Daily Check In Here. :) Grateful.

1698699201479.png

Yrsa

from Minnesota, USA

Did i do morning routine?​

1. Stretch ✔️
  2. Intentions/Gratitude/Affirmations✔️
  3. Sauna / Cold Shower ✔️

PM WORKOUT Routine​

Day One Xpress Tone ✔️

How did I add more fiber to my diet?​

High bran cereal
Apple
Broccoli
Beans instead of noodles
Fiber supplement before dinner

I believe small, consistent changes will help me release 100 pounds and transform my body - allowing me to feel comfortable in my own skin.
Stay awake.

Yrsa

from Minnesota, USA

5 Minute PM....10/31​

Did i do morning Routine?​

• Water
  • Zen Day 1
  • Gratitude/Intentions/Affirmation
  • Sauna/Cold Shower
  • Bonus:

Did I add Intentional Movement at Work?​

• Exercise of the Day: 60 Sec. Wall Sit
  • Office Exercise Movement: Blue Zone, 2 sets
  • Bonus: Reaper 60 sec burst

Did I do PM Workout?​

• XPress Tone Day 2
  • Epic Arms Day 1
  • Bonus:

How did i add more fiber to my diet?​

High bran cereal

Apple

Dark Bark w pumpkin seeds

Broccoli

Beans instead of noodles

3 Things About Today:​

1. Smile/have fun/bring joy... pranked coworkers (successfully) with drunken old man prank for Halloween fun! 🎃 👻
  2. Remembering my goals, believing its possible
  3. Intentional, short bursts of movement at work FEEL GOOD. More than just "walking to the printer." Hm. Who knew?? I suppose everyone at Darebee knew. ;) I see myself continuing with this trend and adding more.

I believe.....​

...my belly will shrink from consistent, intentional effort making it easier to do stretches in the Zen Challenge.

.... Lunges are not my favorite, and squats are horrid, but I will not quit because the benefits make it worth it

Yrsa

from Minnesota, USA

11.1.23​

Did i do morning Routine?​

• Water
  • Zen Day 2
  • Gratitude/Intentions/Affirmation
  • Sauna/Cold Shower
  • Bonus:

Did I add Intentional Movement at Work?​

• Exercise of the Day: 50 knee to elbow
  • Office Exercise Movement: 3 sets Hero Maker
  • Bonus:

Did I do PM Workout?​

• XPress Tone Day 3
  • Epic Arms Day 2
  • Bonus:

How did i add more fiber to my diet?​

High fiber bran cereal

Fruit

Dark Bark

Broccoli

Beans

3 ways i acted on intentions today:​

1. I intentionally chose fiber-fiber-rich foods
  2. I kept my workout appointments for myself
  3. I got sh*t done at work and intentionally tried to engage in positive ways with others.

I believe.....​

.... these actions will transform my body in beautiful ways
..... that even though my body might not be showing it, yet, I feel better emotionally and spiritually when I follow my routines.
.... I WILL witness the awesome feeling of losing 100 pounds and keeping it off