Daily Zen - My training Blog

Zenchan

Warrior Monk Posts: 6
"“The things you think about determine the quality of your mind.” ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations"
07da3538a27c166381eb815a490eae2d.jpg
Hi Everyone! :hi:

New Hive, exciting!

I would like to exercise 4 times a day for the next few days. Go for a short and slow jog, do some quick stretching, go for a bike ride and do some basic srength training.
On top of that it would be nice to pay attention to my diet and to loose a bit of weight.

Have a great day Bees!:fantastic:

Zenchan

"“The things you think about determine the quality of your mind.” ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations"
I decided shortly after my original post that I would like to subscribe to Zwift (which is an online game for at home cyclists).

If you don't mind, I will turn this thread into my Zwift journey blog.

First day of Zwift today.
I bought a Zwift Hub smart trainer. Setup was easy, I did not manage to connect it to my phone for whatever reason, but I easily connected it to my laptop, which as it turns out is even better.

You can do 8+ different things on Zwift (race, workout, follow a training plan, free ride, group ride, follow a pace partner (ro-)bot, ride "erg" mode or what I did: "ride routes"). I decided that I would like to ride all of the routes in the game. So I did ride 6 different routes (these are official routes) 2 of them are basically the same route as 2 others just backwards, but anyway I did 52.4 km (or 32.5 miles) in total. which was enough to earn me 2 levels (I am level 3 now). According to Zwift I have burned 950 kcal, and rode for almost 2 hours. I think that is a nice start.

Plan for tomorrow:
Length: 29.5 km (18.3 miles)
Elevation: 682 m

I am trying to follow this plan:
but I still need to understand the nuances.

My current estimated FTP is 137 (I didn't do any kind of tests) and my Watt/kg is usually around 1.8.

A very good start, I am very happy. :fantastic:

Zwift is fun, I highly recommend it.

Last edited:

Fremen

Mercenary from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Welcome :)

Zenchan

Day two of Zwift.

I overdid it a little bit. I did 85,1 km / 52,8 mi today. I had to abort my last 15 minutes that I wanted to do (last 7-8 km), because I started feeling sick.
I rode for 3,5 hours in total today. My gu-estimated FTP increased by a couple of points too.
I started using chamois creme, which helped a lot.
A total of 137,5 km and almost 6 hour in 2 days... that might be a little bit too much.:dizzy: (I promised myself to never do more than 60 km / 37.2 mi a day).

Although, for sure I ate less calories than I burned, I still managed to gain weight (I guess mostly water), today at dinner I really craved gherkins and not just that, but the fluid the gherkins are "swimming" in (which is mostly just salt and vinegar water). I guess I have sweated so much, that my body wants extra salt... I need to buy some electrolytes, apparently.

My plan for tomorrow is 3 short routes for 35 km or 21,7 mi in total. I hope that is enough of a recovery.

The day after that is a 65 km / 40 mi planned. :ready:

A lot of fun so far!

Zenchan

It is surprising to me that it is only Day 3 on Zwift, it feels like much more.
44.3 km / 27.5 mi done in 90 min today. 181.8 km / 112.9 mi in total.
My Femoral Nerve is slightly inflamed, so I am not going to push 100 km / 62 mi days anytime soon.
My gu-estimated FTP increased again (it is now 161, the first day it was 137)
I will try to do a minimum of 41 km / 25.4 mi tomorrow. The original plan was 65 km / 40 mi. But if I have the legs I will try to do 71 km/44.1 mi, we will see.

Zenchan

16.11.22.jpgSorry for neglecting this thread!

I have been Zwifting every day. In average for 60 kms (37,2 miles), my body is starting to get used to it. I hit my strength plateau, so I started doing Zwift workouts to work on technique, endurance and strength. I am not particularly fond of the workouts yet, but I learn a ton.

I usually try to do a route badge hunt (ride a route I have never ridden before from start to finish), a 1 hour group ride and a workout each day. So far it is really entertaining. I usually watch an old TV show during my workouts, but my group rides and route explorations are challenging and interesting enough that Zwift has my full attention.

When I started, I couldn't do a ride that was longer than 40 minutes, now I m doing a 60 minute ride without any issues almost every day. Great progress. I am loving it.

I decided that Zwift is nice and fine, but it is time to work on some other stuff as well, so I will try to do some running and some strength training too from now on. I would love to incorporate some swimming, but alas, there are no public swimming pools in my vicinity.

I wish you the best of day Bees! :hi: