Fresh Start Log

Fresca

Hello bees. I am trying to start exercising regularly again. I don't like the way my body feels right now, and there's been some lower back pain issues, and stamina just garbage. I'd like to lose some weight, too, but I'm not going to stress too hard about that--I'm going to try to cut sugar and up vegetables as much as I can, but I refuse to give myself an eating disorder. If I stay fat, I stay fat, but I'd like to be fat and strong, fat and flexible.

Starting slow and small, resisting the urge to go big and burn myself out immediately. Did Day One of Square One, and Day One of Back and Core. My twingey back already feels somewhat better, so I think that was a wise choice. Walked a mile or two, looking at birds (am on vacation, there are new birds to see!). Maybe going to add calf raises/something in that area? throughout the day, because I've always had weak ankles that like to twist and sprain.

Here's to day one! 🥂

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Welcome :)

JohnStrong

Commando from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"

Fresca

Thank you, everyone. <3 Very encouraging! Did Day two of square one, day two of back and core. Both harder than I wanted them to be, which is I guess the point of starting small and easy. Less walking around today, but I am on vacation. A person does need rest. Also I've read a great deal over the last few days, which is nice--my attention span is frequently garbage and doesn't let me read very easily.

I worry about keeping this up when I get home. Easy to decide to change things when you're on vacation. But I'm starting small. Small goals, small steps. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Happy New Year
:fireworks: