Getting back at it...

Knirin

from Munich area, Germany
Pronouns: she/her
Hello!

Wow, I've just come back after nearly two years and realized that everything is shiny and new around here and my old log is gone for good. :blink:
I've seen some familiar names (waves to @Damer, @PetiteSheWolf, @noname and all the others), so it feels a bit like arriving home again. :)

So, short introduction for this all new log:
I'm Knirin, female, 35 years old and living in the Munich area in Germany. I've never been the "sporty" type, I hated it in school, started playing badminton for a few years, then I moved, did a bit of nothing, then I started martial arts (Allkampf Jitsu). Then I started doing a master's degree in the evenings and resorted to doing only Darebee stuff or nothing at all, that changed from time to time... :chuckle: In 2022 I got pregnant and stopped doing anything and well... The little one is now a bit more than a year old and he is my self-adapting weight training. :bigsmile:

Other than that, well, life is happening. I'm definitely still struggling with adapting to having a kid now and having "lost" my own life. Days are mostly filled with work (at the moment, the dad is the main caregiver as I'm earning more money) and in the evenings with the little one. Time for myself as mostly reserved for the rare moments between "little one is finally asleep" and "I so need to go to bed"...

So, my current "plan" is to get into moving a bit more again, somehow. What better timing than to start in December, with all those familiar Darebee goodness of ornaments, snowballs and Fit December? :bouncebounce::grab: It will probably work best, if I keep to a fixed bedtime once more and get up a few minutes earlier in the morning for a workout. To do for tonight: find a place where I can do the workout as all the former free areas in the flat where I used to do workouts are now somehow stuffed with kids stuff...

Well, all in all, I'm quite clueless, but still happy to be here again! :lovely:

Damer

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Warrior Monk from Terra
Pronouns: He/Him
Great to see you back @Knirin and it sounds like you have a full plate. If I were to make a suggestion, beyond the social activities we all throw ourselves wholeheartedly in here which are always an additional load to the complexity of our lives, if you want to see the best results with your current full lifestyle stick to microworkouts but be consistent as in every single day. :LOL: the science behind that is here, the article mentions mostly intensity but since then we've had quite a lot more science and it really is movement that does the trick even if it is low intensity. The cumulative load of that work changes the body's hormone profile which then leads to all sorts of beneficial neurochemical, mental and physical adaptations. You will need to be patient and be persistent. This doesn't mean don't do full workouts when you have the time/energy/inclination but don't think that the lack of time and energy is totally against you. It's not as long as you're smart about it and make it work for you. I really hope this is of some help.

Knirin

from Munich area, Germany
Pronouns: she/her
Thank you everyone for the welcome! And thanks for your suggestion, @Damer, that's definitely what I have in mind and struggle with most at the same time. Exercising only when I feel like it has never worked out for me in the past, I always needed some structure to it - either a daily routine or fixed training times in e.g. a sport's club.

So I've decided on the following goals for now:

:x: Getting to bed on time [depends on my alarm the next morning, but most times, I should be in bed at 22:30 if I want to get at least ~7 hours]
:x: Getting up with the alarm
:x: Doing a workout in the morning, right after getting up [for now, that's "arms of steel, chair edition" - probably not going to happen Friday until Sunday as then my alarm will most probably be the little one]
:x: Doing a quick stretch or similar in the evening, right before going to bed [for now, that's "unbound"]

So far, so good - and how is the reality of things? :dizzy:

Wednesday, 6.12.
:v: Getting up with the alarm
:v: Doing a workout in the morning - Arms of Steel CE, Day 1, Level 3
:v: Doing a quick stretch in the evening - Unbound, Day 1
:v: getting to bed on time

Thursday, 7.12.
:v: Doing a workout in the morning
:v: Doing a quick stretch in the evening - Unbound, Day 2
:v: getting to bed on time

Friday, 8.12.
:x: Doing a workout in the morning
:x: Doing a quick stretch in the evening
:x: getting to bed on time - company christmas party... :dance:

Saturday, 9.12.
:x: Doing a quick stretch in the evening - Unbound, Day 2
:v: getting to bed on time - as I was soo tired from the short night before...

Sunday, 10.12.
:x: getting to bed on time

Monday, 11.12.
:x: getting to bed on time

I definitely need to work on my bedtime, that's the one thing that for me influences everything else. If I stay up to long, I don't do my stretch (because it's too late already :eyes:), I have trouble getting up in the morning and therefore won't do the workout/won't have the time... So I "just" need to get to bed on time, right? :p