Getting back up!

Fonzie!

Hunter Pronouns: he/him
"Going up and down"
Hi all,

I've been a fairly active bee before (back when this was still the Hive), but I haven't been active on Darebee for a while. I was mostly doing my own workouts, and rarely used Darebee as a point of reference.

Well, a little while ago I got Covid. Even after recovering I noticed my fitness was only a fraction of what it was before!

In the meantime I've been running, cycling and trying to follow my old workout schema's but I couldn't do that last one. With other things going on in live (moving into a bigger apartment!!), in the end, I just ended up not exercising actively for several months since.

My dad, also used to be an active bee, recommended me to do the Baseline program for getting back into my fitness journey, saying it helped him a lot as well when recovering from Covid!

So... *cough cough*

Baseline Day 1 2023-04-13 (Th)
I'm often home later on Thursdays, so I did this one real late in the evening (~21:30-22:00!)
I felt my shoulders burning a bit after the first wide shoulder rotations, but oddly enough I felt everything less during the 2nd through the 5th sets.
Since it didn't feel like that much of a workout, I considered doing 7 sets, instead. But it's getting late by now... I should... Zzz... :giveup:

Hopefully till tomorrow!

Last edited:

Fonzie!

"Going up and down"
Ah, I haven't been here for a bit...

Thanks for the warm welcomes Tileenah, BetaCorvi and Fremen!

2023-04-15 (Sa)
I did day 2 a day too late. The sit-to-stand felt a bit odd to do with my "office" chair :/

2023-04-17 (Mo)
I'm keeping the... *Ahem* pace... Up. Day 3, another day too late. The chest expansions and whatnot felt fun and energetic to do!

Tu - Th
Nothing from the program. I have no excuses. I did walk for about 15 minutes after lunches and dinners, but I'm not sure if that counts as a "workout day".

2023-04-21 (Fr)
Since there's such a large gap... Should I have started over? I didn't do that now, I did day 4 after all.
I felt my forearms a bit after clenching and unclenching a lot!

2023-04-22 (Sa)
Yes! Two days in a row! For day 5, I did squats instead of sit-to-stands. It did go well, so that's good. I can also say, the days after, I did not feel anything bad in my legs!
I also hauled an HP Laserjet P2035, weighing about 13 kg (30 pounds) for 15 minutes to a computer store, to have it checked. My biceps were very sore the day after!

2023-04-23 (Su)
With my arms letting me know they were burning down in their own way, nothing from the program was done. But a daily after-dinner walk was involved.

2023-04-24 (Mo)
Hello! It's me from the present day!
My left bicep's tendon still stings a bit if I outstretch my arm, but it's nothing that stops me from doing march steps and the rest of Day 6!

Fonzie!

"Going up and down"
Well I've been down for a while, time to get up!

I have been busy with things (getting married, among others!), but excuses aside; I'm trying to plan my evenings better and work out consistently.

2023-11-07 (Tu)
My legs were itching for some action, I searched, found and did the Push Pull Legs workout!
I did take 30 second breaks between exercises and 1 minute breaks between sets, I didn't feel 2 minutes was doing that much... I'm not an expert on these things.
I washed it away with 30gr of this protein powder mixed with 250gr of warm water.

2023-11-08 (We)
My legs were a tiny tad sore, but the good kind, if that makes any sense.
I saw the PPL upper body workout from the description of yesterday's, and was interested, so that's the workout I did today!
Again, I went with 30s/1m breaks, instead of 2m/2m.
And again, protein shake mix!
I want to make bars with oatmeal, peanut butter, the protein powder and matcha powder, as I've done a few times before, based off this Darebee recipe, although I gradually removed the syrup/sugar as I didn't like it so sweet... And eventually replaced it with incredibly bitter matcha powder cause that's what I like, apparently :LOL:

EDIT oh, the 369 workout looks like it's right up my alley, but I don't think I can get that far with chin-ups in my current fitness, or lack thereof 😅
I've just bookmarked it, for now!

Last edited:

Fonzie!

"Going up and down"
Yes, congratulations! :perfect:
Congrats on getting married! :celeb:
Thank you all for your congratulations :vibes:

As for my check-in log...

2023-11-09 (Th)
I've been attending a funeral in the afternoon, and went out to a restaurant that the person who passed away loved, I got home late and more than a tad tired.
Aside from cycling to work and cycling from work in the morning (each about 20 minutes), I did not exercise in particular that day, I guess I broke my streak.
I still felt a very, veery slight muscle strain in my legs, but nothing from the upper body exercise from the day before.

2023-11-10 (Fr)
This also became a late day, but I still have the energy to work out!
I'm feeling like doing planks but I got a vaccine this morning, and my left shoulder hurts more than I expected!
Hollow holds seemed like just the thing that would scratch that itch!
I also found The Miner on aku-chan's check-in log and my legs were also feeling fine, so...
- Challenge: The Miner
- Workout: Hollow Hold
During the Miner, I also tried diggin'!
I found a worm and a ruby, then my left shoulder was aching a bit so I called quits after that!
The worm shall lead to bigger fish :yas:

Normally I do Level II +EC for the workouts, but for Hollow Hold I went with Level I and very much without the EC, I even took a 15-or-so-second break between the last hollow hold and long arm crunch :crawl:

That's all, folks~

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 22-17-20 The Miner Challenge.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 22-17-20 The Miner Challenge.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 22-17-58 The Miner Challenge.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 22-17-58 The Miner Challenge.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: