How About A Video Meet-Up This Festive Season?

Video Meet-Up For Bees

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Damer

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Warrior Monk from Terra
Pronouns: He/Him
@neilarey suggested we do a virtual meet up just to say "hi!". This is a funny time of the year and since the snowfight is over :LOL: we need just a little further contact. We have come up with two possible dates and two possible times on each one and I'm adding them here as a poll for you to pick. We will go with the one that,obviously, gets the most votes.

You can have up to two choices so pick the one that works best for you on each day (December 24th or January 1st).

The timezone we've gone with is Easter European Time (EET) and we've chosen timeslots that work well across most time zones. To translate it to yours you can use the World Buddy Clock converter, here.

This is the first time we are doing something like this so I am not sure how it'll work out. :LOL: We shall share the technical details in the Announcement Section once we have a fixed date and time.

legolo

Mercenary from Germany
Pronouns: He
"I am the one thing in life I can control"
When you have decided on a technology you want to use (always been partial to smoke signals, just saying :D ), it would be great if you could anounce it earlier than when the poll is ending. If I have to download some software and only know about it a few hours earlier, you can pretty much expect me to no be able to attend. Germanys digital infrastructure is basically third world standard, especially in rural areas. Out here you have to schedule with your neighbors if you want to check your emails so they don´t use up all the bandwidth... Serioulsy, random lithuanian potato farmers have 100 times better internet than I do, a buddy of mine is a lithuanian potato farmer and he keeps laughing at my puny internet connection... :D

Last edited:

Damer

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Warrior Monk from Terra
@legolo you cracked me up!
Laughing Hard GIF

We are most likely going to use Google Meet because it allows up to 100 people to participate at at time. It's free and browser-based no download required and it adjusts for slower connections.

The digital infrastructure in Europe some times is ludicrous.

From desktop/laptop anyone with a link can join and we just need to let them in if they don't have a Gmail account. If they have a Gmail account they join in automatically. With a Gmail account it also works with any device (i.e. smartphone or tablet) via an app but even in devices like smartphones it could be used on the browser only.

Anek

Sorceress from Bavaria, Germany
Pronouns: She/her
"If the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember Cedric Diggory."
I voted, but I can also make three out of 4 options (but could only choose two). Yessss to Google meet!

Damer

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Warrior Monk from Terra
Thank you all so much for participating in this. It looks like we are set for January 1st 8.00 - 9.00pm EET. This event is for registered Hive members only (our small 'Thank You' to all of you here). In the Playground section there is a subforum called "Meet Ups" I shall post all the technical details and a link there today and any questions you may have please leave them there for me. We are looking forward to seeing as many of you as you can make it, there. In the meantime stay safe and be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.